Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting past TD Ameritrade disconnections every monday morning 7:55-8:00am

I connect to NT.

Then I connect to TD Ameritrade for trin/nasdaq/dji/etc.

but i leave for work at 7:45 am, and I have been blown out of TD-A Mondays in row now at 7:55 am.

This used to happen more frequently last year, but has started acting up again and I'm sure it's TDA's fault. But NinjaTrader just giving up is cause for concern.

I'm recording data currently, backtesting at night.

Do I need to make my backup connection to TD Ameritrade also TD Ameritrade so it tries more often?

----------------

Date,Category,Message,
    2/7/2011 7:58:27 AM,Connection,TD: Primary connection=Connected, Price feed=ConnectionLost,
    2/7/2011 7:58:26 AM,Connection,TD: Primary connection=Connected, Price feed=Connected,
    2/7/2011 7:58:24 AM,Connection,TD: Primary connection=Connected, Price feed=ConnectionLost,
    2/7/2011 7:58:23 AM,Connection,TD: Primary connection=Connected, Price feed=Connected,
    2/7/2011 7:58:21 AM,Connection,TD: Primary connection=Connected, Price feed=ConnectionLost,
    2/7/2011 7:58:19 AM,Connection,TD: Primary connection=Connected, Price feed=Connected,
    2/7/2011 7:58:17 AM,Connection,TD: Primary connection=Connected, Price feed=ConnectionLost,
    2/7/2011 7:57:49 AM,Connection,TD: Primary connection=Connected, Price feed=Connected,
    2/7/2011 7:57:47 AM,Connection,TD: Primary connection=Connected, Price feed=ConnectionLost,
    2/7/2011 7:43:39 AM,Connection,Time to flatten=12:00:00 AM, Flatten all=Disabled,
    2/7/2011 7:43:38 AM,Connection,TD: Primary connection=Connected, Price feed=Connected,
    2/7/2011 7:43:35 AM,Connection,TD: Primary connection=Connecting, Price feed=Connecting,

Hi sledge,

Thank you for your post.

Can you please forward your log and trace diagnostic files in completion for the last couple of days when this issue has occurred to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com.

We will want to review those diagnostic files for context of the issue. As far as setting TD Ameritrade as a backup feed you would need to have two separate TDA connections created and connected at the same time such that your TDA connection would become backup if the other did not reconnect, but if the issue is related to the feed itself setting it as the backup would not be ideal for resolving the issue.

To do so you will want to forward the log and trace diagnostic files to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com.

You will find the log file in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Log folder.
    • The log file will be named ‘log.YYYYMMDD.txt’

You will find the trace file in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder.
    • The trace file will be named ‘trace.YYYYMMDD.txt’
    Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by quantismo, Yesterday, 05:13 PM
    2 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post quantismo  
    Started by maybeimnotrader, Yesterday, 05:46 PM
    4 responses