Tick Data Missing from When Ninja turned off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tick Data Missing from When Ninja turned off

My tick charts always have a gap for whenever Ninja is turned off. I am unable to "Reload Historical Data" because this option is grayed out and thus unavailable. The regular charts are fine and Reload Historical Data works on them. I have Ninja 6.5 with data supplied by Interactive Brokers. My operating system is Windows 7 Home Premium and I have AVG for my virus protection. Any suggestions appreciated.

Hi jtimpson,

Thank you for your post.

With IB data and tick based charts this behavior is expected. Since Range charts use tick data to build and IB does not provide historical tick data you would not have the option of reloading the data, nor would data be available for times when you were not connected. More information on these topics at:
    How NinjaTrader Builds Charts

It is possible to supplement your IB data with data from a data-only provider, such as Kinetick, with NinjaTrader 7.

Additionally, with NinjaTrader 7 you would have the ability to overlay indicators by modifiying the scale justification. This would allow the scales of two separately scaled indicators, or price bars to be overlaid without sharing the y-axis. More information at:

However, this ability to overlay indicators is included with NinjaTrader 7 as an enhancement to NinjaTrader 6.5, as is the ability to access Kinetick data: http://www.kinetick.com/ninjatrader.
    Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Shansen, 08-30-2019, 10:18 PM
    25 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
    Started by JonesJoker, 04-22-2024, 12:23 PM
    8 responses
    0 likes