Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

How do I overlay an oscillator on Main Chart (Panel 1)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I overlay an oscillator on Main Chart (Panel 1)?

I wish to overlay an oscillator on the main chart (Panel 1), however when I put it there, the price scales are so different that it ruins the chart. I tried turning off Auto Scaling in the indicator but it still doesn't work. I wish to have the indicator scale not fixed to the pane. The overlayed indicator will hopefully show turns and divergences better when they happen. I know this can be done. There is some Felton Indicators that do this. Any suggestions appreciated!

Change the Scale Justification

Originally posted by jtimpson View Post
    I wish to overlay an oscillator on the main chart (Panel 1), however when I put it there, the price scales are so different that it ruins the chart. I tried turning off Auto Scaling in the indicator but it still doesn't work. I wish to have the indicator scale not fixed to the pane. The overlayed indicator will hopefully show turns and divergences better when they happen. I know this can be done. There is some Felton Indicators that do this. Any suggestions appreciated!
    Place the indicator's scale to the left hand axis: set Scale Justification to Left.

Comment

Thanks for your suggestion. I am new to Ninja. Where do I set the Scale Justification of the Indicator to left or does it have to be coded that way? If coded, I am not capable to do that...

Comment

Originally posted by jtimpson View Post
        Thanks for your suggestion. I am new to Ninja. Where do I set the Scale Justification of the Indicator to left or does it have to be coded that way? If coded, I am not capable to do that...
        It is in the properties configuration for the indicator.

Look at the ochre arrow in the attached picture.
        Attached Files

Comment

Unfortunately, the indicator I wish to overlay (a modified StochRSI) does not have that line as one of the configurable properties. That line is not there at all. Thanks so much for the attempt and have a nice night!

Comment

Hi jtimpson,

Thank you for your post.

I received your private message and in responding to your other thread, I answered your private message question that is also referenced in this thread. The link to the other thread is at: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ad.php?t=38228

This ability to modify the scale justification is only for NinjaTrader 7, and this property would not be available with NinjaTrader 6.5. With NinjaTrader 6.5 since you are not able to modify the scale justification it would not be possible to overlay indicators on panels that do not share the same scaling without altering the overall displayed scale.

You can upgrade to NinjaTrader 7 from the following link:

You will want to input your license to be able to download and you can find that by going to Help-->License Key menu within your current installation.
            Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

That explains it. I use version 6.5. Thanks to All.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by pmachiraju, 11-01-2023, 04:46 AM
              8 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post rehmans
              by rehmans

Started by mattbsea, Today, 05:44 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes