StopLimit Orders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

StopLimit Orders

I use Chart Trader and wonder if I can set a default quantity so when I submit a stoplimit order that I don't have to tell it how many contracts I want. Not referring to using the ATM. Referring to right clicking on the chart and selecting stoplimit.

I don't find anything in the documentation. Probably there but dont' see it.

Thanks,
    Mike

Hello Mike,

Thank you for your post.

You may select the qty of contracts prior to submitting orders on your chart by imputing your desired value in the "Qty" field just beneath the PnL display on Chart Trader. For example, if you set that parameter to a value of "5" you will then submit an order entry for 5 contracts on your chart by right clicking and selecting your desired order type.

Also, please keep in mind that the value field that appears when submitting a Stop Limit order does not dictate the number of contracts being submitted; this value determines how many ticks away from the entry price you would like to place your Limit order. For more information about submitting Stop Limit Orders with chart trader please visit this link:

Comment

I can't believe I thought that was contracts. Good Grief. Sometimes I amaze myself. Now I'm wondering if there is any way to turn the 2 step process of entering a stoplimit into 1 step. right now you have to right click the chart and select the stop order and then click on the check mark to place the order. If I have the default set then I'd like to be able right click the chart and select stoplimit and have it placed on the chart immediately eliminating that second step. Any way to do this?

Comment

Hello Mike,

This is absolutely possible.

Right Click the Chart Trader panel on your chart --> Properties --> Stop Limit Offset --> change this value from "OFF" to any value you desire. For example, "0" for a zero offset. --> OK

Once you have set the above parameter you will no longer be prompted to enter an offset value and your selected default value will be used automatically.

Please don't hesitate to contact us for any other NinjaTrader inquiries you may have and happy trading!

Comment

Outstanding. The longer I use NT the more I find out that I don't know.

Thank you

Comment

Hello Mike,

NinjaTrader is a powerful platform indeed. Just remember we are here to help!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by judysamnt7, 03-13-2023, 09:11 AM
            4 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post DynamicTest  
            Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
            4 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post ScottWalsh