Windows 7 Service Pack 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windows 7 Service Pack 1

Have just seen the warning regarding imminent release Windows 7 SP1, and its affect on NT apart from NT Version 7.0.1000.3 Beta .

At the risk of me appearing thick in asking you to do so, please could you confirm that this issue only applies to users of Windows 7? i.e. users of Windows Vista or XP are not affected.

Thanks.

AnotherTrader,

Thank you for your post.

Correct, this issue will only apply to Windows 7 SP1 users. You should not have any issues on XP/Vista.

Please let me know if you have additional questions.
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

And NT 6.5?

Thanks.

Comment

Hello alexc,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our forums!

NT V6.5 will not be compatible with Windows 7 SP1. If you wish to stay on NT V6.5, you will need to stay on Windows 7 Release 1, or use XP/Vista.

Comment

windows 7 SP1

i received the message today about having to upgrade in order for nt to work with windows 7 sp1. unfortunately, i cant find the download and wanted to get upgraded before i switched over to the cqg data feed to make sure i can isolate issues if they arise.

cany you give me the download page.

Comment

Hi trader1512,

Thank you for your post.

The information from earlier today regarding NinjaTrader 7.0.1000.3 and Windows 7 SP1 was in anticipation of those events. To prepare any items that may be affected were discussed at:

However, the present version of NinjaTrader is still 7.0.1000.2 and we will be releasing NinjaTraderr 7.0.1000.3 shortly with those considerations in mind. At that time you can then download NinjaTrader 7.0.1000.3 from the following link.
            Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

nt 7 r3

any idea on when that will be? also, do you know how to change the email address associated with my user name.

Comment

Hello trader1512,

We do not have an exact release date for NT V7 Beta 3, however it should be coming shortly.

You can change your email by going to Quick Links--> Edit Your Details--> Edit Email & Password

Comment

Compatibility issues

I am on Windows7.
                  Assuming I upgrade to the new beta version of NT - will any indicators I post as script be acceptable to non Windows7 NT7 users?

Comment

Third Parties

mmm - my third party provider won't upgrade their software until NT is out of beta (lol).
                    On past history that could be quite a wait.......

Comment

As a Windows7 user it looks like its finally time to break on thru to 7.xxxx from my 6.5 world<g.. I remember reading some time ago during the IB TWS forced upgrades a month or 2 ago that ver 7.xx upgrades from the 6.xx family will carry foward my trading records. Is that true?

Also should I just install the 7.x beta upgrade over my 6.x version or should I install it in its own new directory? If installing 7.x fresh, what files would I need to move over from my 6.5 directory, if thats even an issue/possible. Ive always hated losing my trading records as we moved from major version series to series. Please say thats no longer true<g>

Comment

Originally posted by Mindset View Post
                        I am on Windows7.
                        Assuming I upgrade to the new beta version of NT - will any indicators I post as script be acceptable to non Windows7 NT7 users?
                        Mindest, you will not have any compatibility issues to worry about between version of Windows. The scripts run form a .NET execution call, therefore if all of your users are using NT V7, they will work regards of how the scripts were protected.

Originally posted by trymph View Post
                        As a Windows7 user it looks like its finally time to break on thru to 7.xxxx from my 6.5 world<g.. I remember reading some time ago during the IB TWS forced upgrades a month or 2 ago that ver 7.xx upgrades from the 6.xx family will carry foward my trading records. Is that true?

Also should I just install the 7.x beta upgrade over my 6.x version or should I install it in its own new directory? If installing 7.x fresh, what files would I need to move over from my 6.5 directory, if thats even an issue/possible. Ive always hated losing my trading records as we moved from major version series to series. Please say thats no longer true<g>
                        trymph, you do not need to uninstall NT V6.5 to install NT V7. By default, NT V7 will install into a seperate directory and use its own database.

You can migrate the data from NT V6.5 to NT V7 when installing the new version. Please see our Migration Guide for more information on this topic:

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
                        4 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post bmartz
                        by bmartz

Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
                        4 responses