CQG data vs Zen-Fire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ray,
    Thanks for your assurance that you will do what is necessary to keep all data feed connections reliable. Based on such, I will keep both my Zenfire and CQG feeds for a while so I can evaluate future promised performance. And yes I have a Lifetime Multi-Broker license as well as funded accounts at both Mirus and Amp.

Comment

Ray, I am having the same problem with CL on the CQG feed. Tried the reset instruments fix but no success. What is the staus on this issue?

Comment

Originally posted by jackh View Post
        Ray, I am having the same problem with CL on the CQG feed. Tried the reset instruments fix but no success. What is the staus on this issue?
        This server issue will be resolved during this weekend maintenance.
        RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ray,
          Thanks for timely response.
          Jack

Comment

Ray,
            I have been getting conflicting information regarding upgrading to NT7.3. I like to not install a Beta if it can be avoided. What should I do to best eliminate the possibility that data issues with CQG and Zenfire are not on my end?
            Jack

Comment

Hello,

Hope your weekend is well.

Please let me know what issues you are currently having. As their are no known issue with CQG at this time that I'm aware of.

Also, as far as your reservation of installing the beta software. I do understand them, however what I would like to also stress is that the NinjaTrader product itself is a production ready and stable. The only reason why we choose to label this release as beta is we changed the coat of armor we use to protect our software. This is the reason for the caution in applying the beta title, however I do not have one report of it causing any issue at this time.

Thank You.

Comment

How about problems with Zenfire?

Comment

Please see my update I just posted.

Thank You.

Comment

Ray,
                    I continue to have problems with the CQG data feed for the current CL contract (4/11). This morning I could not get data back to the open of the session (6PM EST). I tried the Nymex Energy ETH and Default 24/7settings. Both settings gave me data only back to midnight my time. Since I also have a Zenfire feed I tried such and voila the data before midnight and back to the session open appeared.

Other days Zenfire has been problematic. I never know what I am going to wake up to in the morning.

I am aware that Zenfire recently started taking a more active role in ensuring the reliability of their historical data. And perhaps that is the difference this morning.

On 2/25 you assured me that NT is "motivated to maintain and ensure reliability on all of our data connections". Well atleast for CL there has been continued problems with historical data.

Bottom line ----- Do you expect continued problems or is there a permanent fix in the works?

Comment

By the way I have a fresh install of NT7.3.

Comment

Hi Jack, I just tried to reproduce here on my NT7 with CQG and Zen and both connections work fine for CL 04-11 data here. Perhaps you're dealing with a corrupted cache here? To test, please exit NT7 and go to MyDocuments\NinjaTrader 7\db\cache and delete the subfolders found (leave the parent cache folder intact please!).

Then restart NT7, reconnect to CQG and reopen your CL 04-11 chart to check.

If you still see the issue present, please contact me directly at support at ninjatrader dot com Attn Bertrand with todays log and trace files or use the Help > Mail to Support feature to my Attn in NT.

Thanks,
                        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Is there still an issue with this? I a not able to show any Index charts with my CQG Data feed.

Comment

Please note that Index data is not automatically included with a CQG connection. In order to ensure you are receiving data for Indexes, please contact your broker and request that this is enabled.

If you are paying for index data from your CQG based brokrage account, can you please check:

When you go to the "Type" drop down menu from the instrument manager, do you see "Index"?

If not, please setup your CQG connection to include index data. You can check this by going to Tools--> Account connections--> Highlight your CQG connection and select "Change".
                            From the CQG account connection page, please make sure you have selected "Include Index Data" and then finish the wizard.

You should now be able to view the preconfigured Index instruments in NinjaTrader:

MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
                            0 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post jaybedreamin  
                            Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
                            6 responses
                            0 likes