Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brent.ICE not working for NT7+ZenFire

Hi,
    I have a major problem getting BRN 03-11 running for NT7+Zen-Fire Demo account.

I cant chart BRN 03-11, nor daily-chart, nor anything else, which makes me crazy, as brent is my favorite for possible trading.

Charting for other instruments ie CL, ES, FDAX is totally possible without any problem.

I can see, that ticks via ZEN-FIRE for BRN 03-11 are coming in, as I can see the quotes moving in the order tab. Its possible to make (simulated) trades on it manually.

Send several email to ZEN-FIRE, but no reply at all.

Can somebody help ?

My configuration:

NT7 => 7.0.100.2
    ZEN-FIRE => DEMO account

another remark...

I deleted NT7 several times on my pc and re-installed

I reset the instruments in NT7 several times.

nothing helped.....

Comment

Hello jokre,

Unfortunately historical data for the BRN is not supported while connected to Zen-Fire. Please note that Zen-Fire does not provide historical data itself. As a courtesy, we allow Zen-Fire users to make use of our historical data server. Unfortunately the historical data server does have BRN data available.

You can save all real-time BRN data in NinjaTrader. Please go to Control Center-->Tools-->Options-->Data-tab and enable 'Save chart data as historical'. All real-time data you receive in a chart will be saved and displays as historical data in future sessions.

In addition, you could connect to an additional data feed provider that does support historical data for the BRN.

Please see the link below under 'Understanding the data provided by your connectivity provider' which will list all supported data feed providers and what data they support.

As per NinjaTrader 7, our preferred market data service is Kinetick. Real time service starts as low as $50 per month. If you trade CME Globex products, you can have these exchange fees waived if you have a qualified brokerage account. This service is only available for NinjaTrader 7. Please visit www.kinetick.com for more detailed information.

You'll also enjoy all these benefits with the purchase of any symbol package:

From a technical perspective, NinjaTrader writes directly to the underlying server technology vs going through an API layer. This results in an optimized interface between NinjaTrader and Kinetick when compared to NinjaTrader and some other data providers.

You can find connection guides to all supported data feeds at the following link.
      Get the support you want and need 24/5 and join a community of active futures traders for trader-to-trader support. Learn more!
      JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jason,

thx for the fast reply...unbeleavable, that Zen-Fire dont deliver Brent Quotes whereas its written on their web page....

Do you have a similar broker list ?

regards
        jokre

Comment

Hello jokre,

Please note that Zen-Fire does provide real-time data for the BRN. Unfortunately our historical data server does not support the BRN.

You can find a list of supported broker partners at the link below.

Comment

Hi, I'm unsure where to post this question so i thought I would shoot here. I'm currently looking at CL, the front month 03 and the second month 04. For some reason today I cannot chart 04. It is providing incorrect prices. This is a demo. Are both CL contracts not available in the demo? 04 was printing/charting fine yesterday. Thanks

Comment

Hello syxforex,

Can you please tell me to what data feed provider you connect in NinjaTrader.

Please note that the current front month contract is 03-11. So if 'Merge policy' is enabled for the CL instrument, the CL 04-11 chart will combine historical data from the CL 03-11 with real-time data from CL 04-11.

In order to load historical data from the CL 04-11 in the CL 04-11 chart, please go to Control Center-->Tools-->Instrument Manager, highlight the CL and click Edit. Set 'Merge policy' to DoNotMerge.

Create two new CL charts and check if you see a difference.

Comment

that worked, thanks

Comment

Hi, I'm running into this problem again. The april is front and working but the may will not chart or update. The do not merge fix is not working this time. thanks

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
                  Hello syxforex,

Can you please tell me to what data feed provider you connect in NinjaTrader.

Please note that the current front month contract is 03-11. So if 'Merge policy' is enabled for the CL instrument, the CL 04-11 chart will combine historical data from the CL 03-11 with real-time data from CL 04-11.

In order to load historical data from the CL 04-11 in the CL 04-11 chart, please go to Control Center-->Tools-->Instrument Manager, highlight the CL and click Edit. Set 'Merge policy' to DoNotMerge.

Create two new CL charts and check if you see a difference.

Comment

I tested a CL 05-11 chart on my end and it receives real-time data. Do you receive real-time data if you select the CL 05-11 in the Control Center-->Orders-tab?

What session template do you have selected? Does it make a difference if you select the 'Default 24/7' session template?

Comment

To get the BRN 07-11 contract to plot on the chart I had to use the 24/7 session template

Using NT7 & ZenFire

Comment

Hello Brutus,

Unfortunately, I am not sure how to interpret your post. Do you experience an issue when you select a different session template?

Could it be the previously selected session template excluded the current time so the chart did not receive real-time data?

Comment

BRN do not update

BRN do not update anymore real time on ZenFire demo, only historical data.
                          Is there any issue?
                          Thanks.

Comment

Hello LuboLabo,

Can you please tell me what expiry month you have selected for the BRN instrument. Do you receive real-time data for the BRN 02-12?

If not, please send me your Config.xml file so I can test your connection on my end. You can find this file at (My) Documents-->NinjaTrader 7. Please attach it in your email and send it to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com. Please reference this forum thread in your email as well.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
                            4 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post bmartz
                            by bmartz

Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
                            4 responses