Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

window 7 service pack 1 issue for dummies part 1

So, let me see if I understand.
    1) if I have win XP (or anything else that is not Win 7) I am OK, do not need to worry
    2) If I have WIn 7, I can try to avoid as hell to downlaod service pack 1, but sooner or later I will have to do it, so ....
    3) I download service pack 1 and
    a) NT 6.5 (which I am currently using) and all NT 7 apart from 3 Beta will not work anymore.
    b) The only option is NT 7 3 Beta and I just have to hope that all my third party providers support this.
    Is this correct?

gretrader, your understanding is correct - it can unfortunately take some transition time, but we've been in contact with all partners to prepare for this event taking place - http://www.ninjatrader.com/SP1_Announcement.php
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

It seems unbelievable to me that a Microsoft update would break a C# .NET application like this.

For us techies can you please post EXACTLY the issues with running NT7 (Current version) with SP1 ? Have you identified EXACTLY which part of the SP1 that is doing the damage?

Comment

Unfortunately we don't have any info to provide as we don't have control over the .NET runtime nor Windows7 SP1. We do know that NT7R2 (and older NT7 versions) as well as any NT6.5 won't run on Windows7 SP1 and that NT7R3 will run, as per our announcement.

Comment

the problem with sp1 has only todo with the way the code of NT7 is protected.
          this is a remotesoft / clisecure issue and it seems that both providers have now announced sp1 compatiblity.

My modules on zweisteintrading.eu are currently compatible NT7 R2 and they will be compatible with NT7 R3 as soon as it is out of beta status. ( Internally already compatible, but I have no intention to support intermediate beta releases)

regards

andreas

Comment

Originally posted by gretrader View Post
            2) If I have WIn 7, I can try to avoid as hell to downlaod service pack 1, but sooner or later I will have to do it, so ....
            Just so you know....

There is a SP1 blocking tool. MS releases one whenever they release a service pack:

Its good through 2/22/2012. So, you could use Windows 7 with no SP1 until 2/22/2012 with no further effort. So, if you want to continue with what you have, you have plenty of time.

Caveat: That of course doesn't mean some other future hotfix to Windows 7 could cause problems. So, if you are paranoid, turn off Windows update. Microsoft generally releases patches second Tuesday of the month. So, once a month, like maybe the weekend after patch Tuesday, you could check the forums for any possible issues with other patches before putting them on your machine.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
            4 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post arvidvanstaey  
            Started by samish18, 04-17-2024, 08:57 AM
            16 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post samish18