ATM wizard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ATM wizard

Trying to create my 1st strategy using the wizard... short entry if price cross below 5EMA, exit if price cross above EMA... entry is OK but I do not see how to add the exit condition. there is only profit tgt and stoploss. thx

Hello sam11976,

You can click Set 2 to define your exit condition. It works the same way as your entry. Define the condition on the top half and then the order on the bottom half (action). ExitShort is a default action you use.

Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I tried to create simple EMA crossover strategy but does not draw anything on 1 or 5mins charts:
      where close price crossbelow EMA21... used zero barsago for both close price and EMA 21.

Is this correct?

and if price crossabove 21, exit and enter long (reverse position)

====
      Tried another test where this time its SMA cross with EMA,... the MAs are showing when I enable the strategy but it does not print an arrow when they cross, or alert or enter long trade (I have 3 of them to ensure at least one would trigger) but None is triggered.

How can I fix this?
      Last edited by sam11976; 02-10-2011, 07:08 AM.

Comment

to test it, I started a new chart (1 mins) and applied strategy but no arrows showing.

If it ever works, I'd start historical data testing. However, how can I enforce that it test it only on 1 mins charts? Also, time .... only run chart between 5PM and 7PM Asia time (where I reside), should I be using my local time or the time my USA broker uses?

Comment

For the time checks, you would express them in your local time in the condition builder -

If you do not see the arrows plotting, please doublecheck the Y value you set to draw them at, if this is for example at 0 - it would not be seen on the chart, as it would be out of range, try using the price values + / - an offset here.
          BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I modified Y to ask+offset of 10

Initial test on daily chart did not produce arrows at crossovers but at the last daily candle!!

it looks like the most important component is being ignored and have to wait for a week to see a webinar on 2/15. I spent several hours on this. Typical disappointment with ninja service. nothing new there.
            does this mean, the strategy will go thru historical data on the 1 min for 5 days and draw arrows on crossovers on the charts.?
            Last edited by sam11976; 02-10-2011, 10:10 AM.

Comment

I guess, if I can get the arrows draw on 1 min charts, how can you backtest this strategy?

Comment

You backtest using the strategy analyzer. In addition to drawing arrows, your strategy will also need to place orders to see any results in a backtest.
                Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by kaywai, 09-01-2023, 08:44 PM
                5 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_Jason  
                Started by xiinteractive, 04-09-2024, 08:08 AM
                6 responses
                0 likes