Current Day not Loading on Daily Charts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Current Day not Loading on Daily Charts

For some reason when I select the daily time frame the current day does not display. There is just a blank space where the current day should be. I am using Kinetick as my data provider. What gives? Thanks

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Can you please right mouse click within your chart and select "Reload all historical data". If the issue persists can you please tell me if you are connecting to a subscribed Kinetick account or the Kinetick End of Day Free connection within NinjaTrader.

Also can you tell me what instrument you are attempting to plot.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I have a paid kinetick subscription. I already tried right-clicking and reloading historical data--didn't work. Every instrument i load has the same problem. MSFT is one example.

How can i verify that i am not getting data from the free end-of-day data source?

Comment

Do you see anything listed as Delayed within the Log tab of the Control Center?

Comment

no, nothing like that. I would take a screenshot of the log but there is sensitive info in there id rather not advertise. I guess I should mention that everything was working fine earlier this morning.

Comment

Please close all your open workspaces by going to the Control Panel-->File-->Workspaces-->Close Workspace

After you have closed all workspaces please create a new workspace by going to the Control Center-->File-->Workspaces-->New Workspace

Within the new workspace please open a new chart with no template or indicators applied and let me know if the issue persists.

Comment

that didn't work either. same problem. i tried reloading all historical data again. same problem

Comment

Ok I've narrowed it down to my Interactive Brokers connection. When I am not connected to my IB account everything works fine. When I AM connected the problem happens.

I do not understand this because I have Historical Data disabled in my IB account connection options

Comment

I figured I would try creating a new IB account connection and that worked.

I think there is a bug where if you go back and change the historical data option on an existing account connection it will not honor it.

Comment

When changing any settings within your Account Connection please disconnect the when changing settings be sure to click thru to Finish within the Connection Wizard.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by geddyisodin, Yesterday, 05:20 AM
                    7 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
                    Started by gbourque, Today, 06:39 AM
                    2 responses
                    0 likes