Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't run NT 7 .....

Hi,

I'm new to NT 7...just install the NT to my laptop..but unfortunately can't run normally....

I tried to connect simulated feed...but can't get the chart to show...I try to watch some stocks...but my NT 7 didn't show any chart of those stocks....

Can someone help me? What's wrong with my NT 7?

Thanks....

tradeaway

Hi,

Thank you for post and welcome with NinjaTrader.

The Simulated datafeed connection is not a Live connection. It uses internally generated data and charts start building from the moment you open them up. There is no historical data so that's why you don't see anything. The connection is used for practice purposes since the data isn't Live.

If you want to have Live Charts with historical data then you would need to have a provider that provides this.

Please check the following link for more info:

Check under the section 'Understanding the data provided by your connectivity provider'
    Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Vincent,

I've tried what you said....now I can see the historical data feed from Yahoo....but my chart still blank...what's wrong with it?....Sorry for this newbie questions... thanks in advance...

Rgds,
      tradeaway

Comment

Hi tradeaway,

Regarding your chart can you please clarify the following items:

Who are you connected to? This is displayed by green on lower left corner of the Control Center window. If you are connected to Yahoo it should show Yahoo in the bottom-left of the Control Center.

What instrument have you selected?

(For a chart) what interval is selected?
        Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RyanOlson View Post
          Hi tradeaway,

Regarding your chart can you please clarify the following items:

Who are you connected to? This is displayed by green on lower left corner of the Control Center window. If you are connected to Yahoo it should show Yahoo in the bottom-left of the Control Center.

What instrument have you selected?

(For a chart) what interval is selected?
          I connect to Yahoo....yes the display on lower left is green - Connected Yahoo....

I select stock....AAPL 5 minutes chart....

But now, after clicking NT 7 icon...my monitor doesn't show the NT 7, just the connection sound....but the NT 7 didn't running as well....why? It looks my problem getting worst....

Please share the tutorial guide link (if you have it) for newbie to NT7 like me....tx

Rgds,
          tradeaway

Comment

Hi,

Keep in mind that Yahoo only provides EOD. They don't provide Minute data.

Please select a Daily chart.

If you want to receive Live data you need to have an account with a supported provider. There are no providers where you can connect for free and receive Live data.

What is possible is that we forward your info to one of our broker partners and they can set you up with a Free Trial with Live market data.
            If you are interested in this, send a note to support at ninjatrader dot com with your name and the request for a free trial. In addition, refer to this forum post.
            Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
            170 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post sidlercom80  
            Started by Irukandji, Yesterday, 02:53 AM
            2 responses
            0 likes