Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Create Historical Daily Database NT6.5

Hi

I have had problems for ages with accurate pivots and I read, with interest, a post from a senior member by the name of Harry. He said the following:

"If you have intraday data, NT7 will allow you to export this data via the Historical Data Manager. You can then reimport this as daily data.

I just tried this with the intraday data of EURUSD, which goes back to 2006 and created daily data from it. Once the daily data is there, the pivot indicators can access it.

Once you have created you historical daily data base, you can edit this and add one line every day with the daily open, high, low, close and volume. This is better than using the UserDefinedValues, because you will also get weekly and monthly pivots."

I will be upgrading all of my charts to NT7 eventually, but am stuck with 6.5 at the moment due to proprietary indicators from a third party company.

My question is this, I am with PFG Best as a data supplier. Can you please tell me how I might set up such an historical daily data base? For one, I would like to be able to look back through my charts using range bars and look at things like previous month's news results etc, but my tick data never stretches back more than 96 hours

In MT4, I have data stretching back a number of years. It is all stored locally on my PC and the application loads data very quickly. NT can take an age to open a workspace.

Any help in creating an accurate historical daily data base will be greatly accepted.

regards

honkin

honkin, for building the database - is there anyway you could export the data that already collected with your other application so we could import it into your NT7?

For your PFG connection setup - do you use the PFG or External historical data servers?
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Bertrand

The only long term data I have is in MT4, so I guess it is possible to export that. But MT4 does not keep tick data natively.

What I want to be able to do is to look back through either range or tick charts and see results news has had at certain times. There's no point looking at time charts for movement during news as it flies. I need something like 5 or 6 range.

PFG only supplies tick data for 96 hours for NT6.5 and 2 weeks for NT7. There are times I would like to go back to the previous month's or quarter's news releases on a pair and see what sort of movement there was.

cheers

honkin

Comment

Hi honkin,

If the data can not be imported from another source then you can get historical data from another provider, such as Kinetick. http://www.kinetick.com/features

This data could supplement your real-time data from PFG, and MT4, and there is access of up to 120 days worth of tick data.
        Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by geddyisodin, Yesterday, 05:20 AM
        7 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
        Started by gbourque, Today, 06:39 AM
        2 responses
        0 likes