Chart Trader Freeze with Fast Order Clicks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chart Trader Freeze with Fast Order Clicks

Chart trader hangs for long periods of time when I click a buy/sell button very quickly multiple times. If I click the buy button 10+ times in a row as fast I can, then the chart freezes, and all the orders get queued up, and start filling at their own pace, and in the mean time the chart and chart trader is unusable, this can last for several seconds to several minutes depending on how many times you click the button.

Why would you want to do this? I recently saw a webinar about trading for rebates. These traders have ultra low commissions, and this is how they enter the market to add volume and liquidity, as the price goes against them, in order to build their position size, at the same time reducing the average price for the position. So, they might click the 'Buy Bid' button 10+ times very quickly with 100 shares in order to add 1000 shares to their position. This cannot be done with NT. Is this an NT architectural limitation or is this a bug?
    Last edited by monpere; 02-11-2011, 07:58 AM.

Hello,

First off, Can you please let me know what version of NinjaTrader you are using this is located in the Control Center under Help->About and is to the right of the NinjaTrader logo.

Secondly, how are you testing this. On a live connection with live orders or the Sim101 account simulated?

Third, what are your PC specifications.

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Brett View Post
      Hello,

First off, Can you please let me know what version of NinjaTrader you are using this is located in the Control Center under Help->About and is to the right of the NinjaTrader logo.

Secondly, how are you testing this. On a live connection with live orders or the Sim101 account simulated?

Third, what are your PC specifications.

1. NT 7.0.1000.2
      2. Testing on SIM of course
      3. PC 32-bit 2GHz, 2Gb Memory

Comment

Hello,

Ok you may have a unnatural software limitation due to the fact that your using the Sim101 account here with your system specs that just meet our minimum PC requirements.

Bottom line is that NinjaTrader will get the accepted and workings states of orders as recieved back from the broker.When you send orders into the broker they will fill when they fill. This will act as a natural buffer here in a live environment. I would expect a difference here with the Sim101 account vs live.

I have no test data on this when clicking the buy button 10 times in less then a second on how exactly this will react in a live environment as this is a use that I have never seen anyone need or comment on.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

Hello,

Ok you may have a unnatural software limitation due to the fact that your using the Sim101 account here with your system specs that just meet our minimum PC requirements.

Bottom line is that NinjaTrader will get the accepted and workings states of orders as recieved back from the broker.When you send orders into the broker they will fill when they fill. This will act as a natural buffer here in a live environment. I would expect a difference here with the Sim101 account vs live.

I have no test data on this when clicking the buy button 10 times in less then a second on how exactly this will react in a live environment as this is a use that I have never seen anyone need or comment on.

I don't believe this has anything to do with my PC configuration. NinjaTrader does not have any issues outside of this. I believe your user interface architecture is flawed, perhaps because you did not forsee the usage of the product in this way, but traders do use this methodology to trade with other professional trading applications. If I send a 100 orders to the market waiting to be filled, The application should not become unresponsive to further user input, because then, I cannot mange those orders, already sent to the broker.

I suggest you talk to your developer responsible for the user interface, about this problem, and review your architecture, to identify why and how this issue can be addressed. There are competing commercial applications that can perform in this manner. Now, if I am interested in trading like that, I would have no choice then to use another application.

Comment

Hello,

I have discussed with development.

We are able to on our side do this with no freeze in NInjaTrader. We can click as many times as we want with the Buy Market button and NinjaTrader never freezes.

Are you using ATM Strategies?

Comment

Hello,

I have discussed with development.

We are able to on our side do this with no freeze in NInjaTrader. We can click as many times as we want with the Buy Market button and NinjaTrader never freezes.

Are you using ATM Strategies?

Yes, I am using ATM strategies. Is there a design limitation with ATM's that prevents this from working as expected?
              Last edited by monpere; 02-11-2011, 01:11 PM.

Comment

CAn you try without an ATM Strategy?

Comment

CAn you try without an ATM Strategy?
                  It does not seem to happen when NOT using and ATM strategy. So, is there a design limitation with ATM's that prevents this from working as expected?

Comment

Hello,

You would not be able to use ATM strategies in this fashion as it was not designed for this. Manual order would work fine though.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by cre8able, Today, 03:20 PM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post cre8able  
                    Started by Fran888, 02-16-2024, 10:48 AM
                    3 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post Sam2515