No Data for NG 3-11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Data for NG 3-11

In making my evaluation of a possible transition from TradeStation to NT/Kinetick/IB I am testing NT using the external data feed from TS. Of the three markets I trade, CL, NG and AUDUSD, I have succeeded in establishing data and charts for all except NG.

All three are set up as per NT protocol using the NT External Feed Strategy on the TS chart. Both CL and NG charts are 377 tick and set to the current front contract, AUDUSD is running on a TS 120 min. chart. CL and AUDUSD data is creating perfect charts in NT but so far I can not get any data at all from the NG chart, no NT chart, no quotes in the order windows, no quotes in Market Analyzer, nada.

Can you help with this problem?

Hi loanarranger,

Thank you for your post.

Regarding your connection of the NG contract can you please clarify which instrument in TradeStation the NinjaTrader strategy is applied to, and also the precise symbol mapping as there are slightly different protocals for the symbol mapping depending on the chart that the strategy is applied to within TradeStation.
    Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

The symbol in TS is NGH11 which is Natural Gas at CME on the NYMEX. The H refers to the March contract.

I checked the mapping under Instrument Manager and the External symbol was missing so I inserted NG that TS uses. I removed the old symbol from my trading list and added the newly edited version. I still get no results in any read out but being Saturday, no data is flowing. I will check during the afternoon session tomorrow to see if it is recieving input.

Thanks

Comment

Hi loanarranger,

That sounds good, and if that configuration, which appears to be correct does, and since you are using a particular front month chart in TradeStation then defining the root symbol in NinjaTrader should work to enable real-time data in NinjaTrader.

Please let us know if that configuration works as expected.
        Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by aussugardefender, Today, 01:07 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post aussugardefender  
        Started by pvincent, 06-23-2022, 12:53 PM
        14 responses
        0 likes