Elimination of Door Bell Alert Sound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Elimination of Door Bell Alert Sound

Some event in my CL chart in NT is setting off an alert that has a door bell (ding dong) sound. The event may be a new daily high on the chart. Anyway, the sound matches my actual front door bell chime and my greyhounds go crazy every time it goes off, thinking we have guests.

I have traced the sound to the NT sounds folder in the Program Files, and it is labeled Alert4. All my attempts to get rid of it, however, have proved futile. It seems to get reinstalled each time NT is reopened.

Where can I find the alert that is triggering the sound and either disable it or change it to a more dog friendly one?

Low tech solution

Get rid of the dog!!

Comment

Check the indicators that you have installed on the chart, and find out which one is using the sound. Then change it.

Comment

Hi loanarranger,

Thank you for your post.

Regarding your charts you can verify if there are any indicators applied, as suggested by koganam, and one indicator in particular is one called Price Alert.

Additionally, can you please clarify if you have a Market Analyzer open with created alerts. More information on alerts in the Market Analyzer at:
        Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I have checked all my indicators which are from NetPicks' SST & UST. Only one has any mention of alert and that is an over sold/over bought histogram. On the OSOB under parameters is EnableAlerts which was set to True. No other designation referring to sound. I will change to False and see if that stops the offending sound.

No Market Analyzer windows exist.

Thanks

Comment

Hi loanarranger,

That sounds good, and if that does not eliminate the alert you will want to go to File > Workspaces > New and then create a new workspace.

Then please go to File > Workspaces and select any other open workspaces besides the one you created and then close from File > Workspaces.

Once you have only one open workspace you will want to see if reapplying the indicators without any alerts results in the issue persisting.
            Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Shansen, 08-30-2019, 10:18 PM
            24 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post spwizard  
            Started by Max238, Today, 01:28 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes