Feature Request: Some Crazy Ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feature Request: Some Crazy Ideas

Since you folks are always on the lookout for improvements, may I make a suggestion or two.

First, I should note that I particularly enjoy plotting
    1) different instruments on the same chart (eg. ES and NQ)
    2) plottting the same instrument in differnt time intervals (ES 5-min & ES 30-min)

However...

With regards to (1), why are they aligned vertically, namely one instrument sits on top of another? Why can't we be able to see the chart in a horizontal format?

By the same token, it makes sense to combine both vertical and horizontal formats, as in a "grid" format.

With regards to (2), I find this couterintuitive due to wide space between the bars in the longer time interval (ie. you need six 5-min bars for every 30-min bar). Why must the two intervals be aligned? Of course, there are times when this feature is needed, especilly while trading. But, more often than not, especially when I'm analyzing charts during off-trading hours, I just want to see the 5-min and 30-minute charts in their entirety without the incremental spacing. So why not offer an "on/off" option?

Moreover, here are two more crazy ideas...

3) Drag-and-drop function between different charts: Currently you can drag and merge two or more instruments within the SAME chart. But this is not possible when you drag from one chart to another chart. Why?

4) Tab Browsing: Why must we open additional charts and clog up valuable screen space? Why not simply open tabs within the same chart? To me, this would be an invaluable feature.
    Last edited by saliva; 02-12-2011, 07:37 PM.

Hi saliva,

Thank you for your post.

I have forwarded each of these items to development for inclusion on the list of possible future enhancements.

1. You can right-click on the y-axis and then select Maximize and then view the chart data in that manner, but there is not a way to horizontally organize panels presently.

2. This is due to the sharing of the x-axis when charting multiple instruments in the same window, and presently when using the same chart window for multiple instruments they will share the x-axis, but you could use Box style for the larger interval on the chart and then overlay them to view the larger time interval with the component smaller interval.

3,4. These items would be enhancements as there is no way presently to implement similar functionality.
    Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by wzgy0920, 04-20-2024, 06:09 PM
    2 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post wzgy0920  
    Started by wzgy0920, 02-22-2024, 01:11 AM
    5 responses
    0 likes