Aborting data retrieval causes NT to hang

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aborting data retrieval causes NT to hang

While trying different instrument selections on my DOM today (being Sunday) I noticed that when I switched back to Gold (GC) - a contract I traded on Friday so I already had the data saved in my database, NT tried to access it's own historical data server, but it got stuck with the message in Control Center (NT 7) saying 'Saving ...'

Eventually I decided to to Abort the data download, but when I pressed 'Abort' NT 7 then got stuck with the message 'Aborting .... please wait'.

In frustration (as it was stuck at this point) I disconnected my connection to ZenFire and closed down NT.

When I re-started NT everything was fine.

Note: it did this several times as I was switching back and forth across different instruments to compare what they looked like on my chart setup. In other words this freezing of NT at this function/process was not an isolated instance.

This used to happen to me all the time too. I thought it may have been MBT's data (which it was in part) Then I got Kinetick and thought it had been resolved. Now the beast is back. I can't use strat analyzer, data loads take forever and only download partially, the 'Saving' hangs too. It's a mess. I have tried it with multiple computers, re-starts etc.
    Last edited by billr; 02-13-2011, 02:30 PM.

Comment

Hi steve2222 and billr,

Thank you for your post.

Regarding the loading issues can you please remove, repair and then recreate the connection.
      • Please go to the Tools menu--> select Account Connections--> highlight the connection--> click Remove
      • To repair please go to Tools-->Options-->Data and then Repair DB
      • Restart NinjaTrader
      • Please go to the Tools menu--> select Account Connections and recreate the account connection.

Then if the issue persists you will want to send an email to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com and attach your log and trace diagnostic files so that we can review those files for a precise cause.
      You will find the log file in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Log folder.
      • The log file will be named ‘log.YYYYMMDD.txt’

You will find the trace file in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder.
      • The trace file will be named ‘trace.YYYYMMDD.txt’
      Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Ryan. I use MBT as a broker and therefore need to also have Kinetick as a data provider for historical data. When I prepare for trading I usually use Kinetick to load charts. Once I have the historic data/charts up and running, I disconnect the Kinetick and then open the live connection to MBT (MBT's live feed is slightly different than Kinetick's). This keeps my price data aligned with actual orders and allows me to backtest separately on a different computer. Would going back and forth with Kinetick and MBT exacerbate the problem?

Comment

Hi billr,

Is the historical data component of your MBT connection still enabled? I think you may be able to avoid this by disabling the loading of historical data from MBT.
          KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by rocketman7, Today, 01:00 AM
          0 responses
          1 view
          0 likes
          Last Post rocketman7  
          Started by wzgy0920, 04-20-2024, 06:09 PM
          2 responses