Connecting time Sloooooow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connecting time Sloooooow

My start up time is running over 2 min. This is just to the point of having 4 charts, 2 doms and an analyzer open but not connected. My machine is a healthy 3 gzh Intel E6850 with 8 gigs of RAM and 500 Gigs of empty drive space. None of my other programs are experiencing any startup time problems.
    And this is all before trying to connect to a data porvider. I get at least 2 Not Responding messages each time before the load is complete.

I sent a request to support last Modnay but have not heard from them
    Any ideas or is this common now ???
    Dean

Hi Dean,

Thank you for your post.

Regarding this issue can you please forward us your log and trace diagnostic files so that we can review those files for a precise cause of the issue.
    You will find the log file in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Log folder.
    • The log file will be named ‘log.YYYYMMDD.txt’

You will find the trace file in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder.
    • The trace file will be named ‘trace.YYYYMMDD.txt’

Regarding your previous request I can not speak to that directly, but if you reference this forum post when sending an email to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com we can review those files and prescribe a resolution. You may want to check your spam folder, as well, as a response may have been routed to that folder in your email.
    Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RyanOlson View Post
      Hi Dean,

Thank you for your post.

Regarding this issue can you please forward us your log and trace diagnostic files so that we can review those files for a precise cause of the issue.
      You will find the log file in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Log folder.
      • The log file will be named ‘log.YYYYMMDD.txt’

You will find the trace file in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder.
      • The trace file will be named ‘trace.YYYYMMDD.txt’

Regarding your previous request I can not speak to that directly, but if you reference this forum post when sending an email to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com we can review those files and prescribe a resolution. You may want to check your spam folder, as well, as a response may have been routed to that folder in your email.
      Forwarded as requested.

Comment

Originally posted by deanldavis475 View Post
        Forwarded as requested.
        Sent the files on the 13th No response. yet Please advise

Comment

Hello,

Very strange. Can you please send me one more email to support at ninjatrader dot com with your email address and put ATTN: Brett in the subject line and reference this forum post so that I can look up your ticket with your email address.

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

Slow Connection

Just resent with Attn to Brett. I am sending from inside NT with check on send log and trace file and send me a copy. I am getting my copy each time..

Comment

Hello,

We did respond to your message on the 13th, and ryan responded please check your junk email filter for the return email.

I'm posting the respond here this time to better reach you.

This looks to be part of the issue here:

You are loading a lot of custom third party indicators that are complex and take a while to calculate, when you connect all these indicators take some time to calculate.

You can see on the last line it shows your workspace startup time which is sitting at about 2 and half minutes.

To reduce this start up time:

You would need to follow the below performance tips or remove your custom third party indicators.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

2011-02-14 12:22:54:270 Loading 3rd party C:\Users\Dean\Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom\BetterMomentum.X86.dll...
              2011-02-14 12:22:54:273 Loading 3rd party C:\Users\Dean\Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom\BetterProAm_NT7.X86.dll...
              2011-02-14 12:22:54:276 Loading 3rd party C:\Users\Dean\Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom\BetterSineWave_NT7.X86.dll...
              2011-02-14 12:22:54:279 Loading 3rd party C:\Users\Dean\Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom\BetterVolume.X86.dll...
              2011-02-14 12:22:54:282 Loading 3rd party C:\Users\Dean\Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom\EMA_Color_Crossover.dll...
              2011-02-14 12:22:54:285 Loading 3rd party C:\Users\Dean\Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom\FeltonTradingBarCounter.X86.dll...
              2011-02-14 12:22:54:288 Loading 3rd party C:\Users\Dean\Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom\FeltonTradingTrendMA.X86.dll...
              2011-02-14 12:22:57:166 Restoring workspace 'Untitled1'...
              2011-02-14 12:25:22:767 UI (re)load complete, took 139.8 secs, 151.6 secs after app start

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
              3 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
              Started by jeronymite, 04-12-2024, 04:26 PM
              3 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post jeronymite