cqg and 64 bit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cqg and 64 bit

Does CQG offer a 64 bit connection at this time?

I get this error when i upgraded to the new beta 1 7.03 version of ninja.

What is it?
    I also just got an email this morning that i need to uninstall and reinstall version 7.02 again. Does that still apply to me, since i have the higher version?
    Attached Files

Comment

Im also not getting any data from indexes in my live account.
      No tick/q
      no tick.... etc

Comment

Hi playafh69,

Thank you for your post.

The upgrade to NinjaTrader 7.0.1000.3 would be applicable to you if you have commercial indicators, but if you were able to install that version then you should not need to re-install.

As for the issue with the CQG data can you please forward your log and trace diagnostic files to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com so that we can review those files for the precise cause of the issue, and also when sending the files please reference this forum thread.

You will find the log file in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Log folder.
        • The log file will be named ‘log.YYYYMMDD.txt’

You will find the trace file in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder.
        • The trace file will be named ‘trace.YYYYMMDD.txt’
        Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Well, i found out most of the problems on the errors, I was using continuous contracts on some charts, apparently cqg doesn't support it.
          As far as the tick and trin etc.. Do i have to use any special settings for CQG, or will the default settings work?
          Because they're still not working. SHould i send the log and trace files for those?

Comment

Hi playafh69,

CQG does not support continuous contracts, and glad to hear that you were able to resolve those items.

However, the screenshot indicates that for the CQG symbol DJTIC is not enabled for real-time data.

If you were to make sure your chart is loading 24 hours worth of data can you please clarify if you are able receive historical data for that instrument since the default settings should be correct for CQG with those instruments.

To retrieve 24/7 data on a chart, please follow the directions below.
            • Right click in your chart and select Data Series.
            • In the Data Series menu, set the "Session Template" property to "Default 24/7", then click OK.
            Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

The ^tick, it still doesn't load, even though i have a live account with a live sim key. Do i need to call my broker and specifically ask for live data. I have it checked in the account settings.
              Last edited by playafh69; 02-14-2011, 12:08 AM.

Comment

btw, the chart is completely empty. So its not that its delayed, im not getting any data

Comment

Hi,

What is the interval you're using for the TICK? In addition, can you check the log tab in the control center. Is there an error message listed?
                  Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I am chiming in late here, but on the index data...Can you run through the following. Apologies if you have done so already.

- To make sure your instrument symbol maps are correct, please start NinjaTrader select the menu Tools > Options > Data > Reset Instruments
                    - Restart NinjaTrader to make sure the mapping changes have taken effect
                    - On your CQG account configuration (Tools > Account Connections) make sure that you have the option "Include index data" enabled
                    - You will only be able to receive data for the index instruments listed on this page - NinjaTrader/CQG Supported Indexes, anything else is not supported at this time
                    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

No need for apologies. I actually did all those. I've done the reset and everything.
                      Im using a 1 minute chart on the nyse tick.
                      I still get the same error message
                      "cqg.adapter......djtic not enabled for real time quotes and trading"

what im trying to add is on the list of supported indexes.
                      Last edited by playafh69; 02-14-2011, 11:16 AM.

Comment

So i called my broker. Apparently, even when i have "include index data" checked in my account connection setting, it still doesn't work.

It looks like they haven't turned it on some accounts, at least thats what he said. I don't understand the reasoning for this, they could have just made a statement that they were doing this.
                        If he calls me back and it still doesn't work, then it may be a software issue. Untill then, i guess we'll have to sit on hands.

Thanks for your support guys.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:53 AM
                        0 responses
                        1 view
                        0 likes
                        Last Post CortexZenUSA  
                        Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:46 AM
                        0 responses