NT7 beta 3 and static super dom problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT7 beta 3 and static super dom problem

Installed 7.0.1000.3 and the static super dom market depth freezes while the price column seems to be working ok. The contract amounts at each price level do not change or move.

Hi williammanda,

Thank you for your post.

Can you please clarify if you are using the Static SuperDOM or the Dynamic SuperDOM, as well as which instrument you are viewing, and which data provider you are using.
    Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

1. Static SuperDOM
      2. All futures instruments
      3. Zenfire

Comment

Hello williammanda,

Have you compared the SuperDOM to a Level II window? If not, please do so and let me know what results are seen in the level II window as compared to the DOM.
        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Same results with L2

Comment

williammanda,

Would you be willing to try rolling back to 7.0.1000.2 to see if the issue continues to occur there?

If so, you'll need to uninstall NinjaTrader via the Windows Control Panel, then reinstall via the following link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/download_download.htm

Make sure not to delete the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 folder so that you can keep your custom settings.

Comment

I can't do it today but I can this coming weekend. Bit of background info:
              1. I purchased a new computer with windows 7
              2. Read the notice about window 7 SP1 issue.
              3. Loaded NT7 7.0.1000.3.
              4. Restored my NT7 backup file. This backup file was created on another computer running Windows XP Professional and NT7 7.0.1000.2.

Comment

I have attached a photo of the superdom issue. You will see the last current trade price in yellow in the center column.
                Attached Files

Comment

Hi williammanda,

Please update me on your results after rolling back.

Comment

Here is the level 2 photo. Shows the same values for the contract size.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Also if I set "Show Market Depth" to false, the static superdom seems to be working correctly with the best bid and ask contracts only showing.

Comment

Just as a matter of feedback, I too had this same problem. Static Dome with
                        Zenfire feed would not update the market depth. I had upgraded to the Ninja
                        Beta .3 and Windows 7 SP1 and could not get this problem resolved so I
                        ended up re-imaging my hard drive back to pre-SP1 and Ninja 7 .2 version.
                        Sorry I can't be more helpful at this point, but had to get back to what worked...
                        Don't know whether it's an issue with the Zenfire feed or what but I can attest,
                        there is an issue..

Comment

I wanted to remove a variable from the equation. Could you please try this:
                          - terminate NT
                          - uninstall NT73 via control panel
                          - manually remove folder <program files>/NinjaTrader7 (if it still exists)
                          - download and install NT73 again

I'm suspicious that for unknown reason there still might an outdated version of the ZenFire API on your hard drive. I'm seeking for clarify on that potential source of trouble.

Thanks

Comment

I don't mean hijack the thread, but i have had a similar problem with the DOM and entry, and i had a TT connection.

With my problem, the bid ask was fine and at the correct levels, its just my entries were off when i hit the market button, and limit orders wouldn't fill.
                            Here's a link to the thread

Here's a video:

I wanted to note that i had a TT connection with that specific problem, and CQG connection with that problem as well. So i think it may not be related to the API or even zenfire specifically.

This maybe related or not, but im just posting this to see if we can get it resolved since they might be connected. I am already working closely with brett with my issue.

So far i haven't been able to reproduce it. I also want to note that i had the problem BEFORE i upgraded to the new beta version( which i did over the weekend per Brett's advice)...

The poeple that are having problems......
                            Do you guys have more than one dom open when the problem occurred?
                            Do you guys have an ATM strategy selected?
                            Is it set to Keepselectedstrategy?

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kyle View Post
                              williammanda,

Would you be willing to try rolling back to 7.0.1000.2 to see if the issue continues to occur there?

If so, you'll need to uninstall NinjaTrader via the Windows Control Panel, then reinstall via the following link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/download_download.htm

Make sure not to delete the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 folder so that you can keep your custom settings.
                              I rolled back to 7.0.1000.2 and there are no problems now with the static superdom. I noticed that I can only run 32 bit version with zenfire...is this correct?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
                              4 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post ScottWalsh  
                              Started by olisav57, Today, 07:39 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post olisav57