Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drawing objects mix-up

Hello,

Have there been any changes on how the platform deals with drawing objects on a charts following the release of NT 7.3 Beta?

I switched to this release last week and I think I have noticed a difference: BEFORE, I think I was able to draw trendlines, etc. on a chart and then switch to a new period type on the same instrument (say, from weekly to daily) and be able to draw new things that would apply to this particular period while having the peace of mind of knowing that things drawn on the weekly chart would remain there whenever I went back to it. NOW, I find that when I switch to daily from weekly, all the drawings I made on the weekly chart are still showing on the daily chart, forcing me to delete all of them and start all over again (which obviously drives me nuts!).

Needless to say, I am not using the "apply drawings to all charts" thing.

Please help,

Stopped

Hello Stopped,

You can view all changes and enhancements per release in our help guide at the link below.

Drawing objects will remain in the chart when switching period type. If you draw a line in a weekly chart and subsequently switch to a daily chart, the line will remain. This is as expected behavior.

I am not sure why it did not work like this in your previous version. What version did you have installed before you installed version 7.0.1000.3?

You could use two charts - one daily and one weekly. As long as 'Attach to' in the Properties menu of the drawing object is not set to (All charts), it will not be displayed in the other chart.
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_Jason; 02-14-2011, 06:52 AM.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Umm, thanks Jason.

I was using NT 7.2 before.

I had a feeling that I was able to switch periods within the same charts and apply drawings as if I was on a blank page, but obviously I must be mistaken.

I will follow your suggestion, the best available although obviously not ideal.

Thanks again.

Comment

I see. I suspect that when you switched period types before, the visible section of the chart did not include the X or Y values of the drawing object that you initially applied. So it seemed that the drawing object was not included in the chart with the new period type.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by itrader46, Today, 09:04 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post itrader46  
        Started by timmbbo, Today, 08:59 AM
        0 responses
        1 view