Stock Quote List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stock Quote List

I signed up with Kinetick for some fast reliable stock quotes. I am used to long lists of stocks, with bid, bid size, ask, ask size, last, change(numerical), change(percent), the ability to apply green/red to changes, I have attached an example. I am not sure why some of the basics like bid size/ask size, and change are not available in the columns area. Am I missing something? Has anyone come up with a template for such a screen?

Thanks
    Attached Files

Hello Fatawan,

The default columns are visible by right clicking > Columns. NetChange should be available but unfortunately bid / ask volume is not available without custom programming. I will forward this as a suggestion to be considered in a future version of the platform.

You can do color changes to cells based on values. Help for this is available here:
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Ryan--actually net change is a percent--I don't see an actual number as a difference from yesterday's close
      i.e. AXP 46.39 last -.13

I will look at the cell colors.

Comment

I've created market analyzer scripts for bid / ask volume and attached here.

Save the following files to your My Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\custom\Market Analyzer directory. After doing this, you will have to compile your NinjaScript before they are available. Click Tools > Edit NinjaScript > indicator > Open any indicator here. Within the NinjaScript editor: Right Click > Compile.

NetChange as value can be created as a custom indicator. There is one available in the file sharing section here:

Import that file, and then add it as indicator column. Choose plot NetChange1 for the value plot.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by NinjaTrader_RyanM1; 08-02-2012, 07:52 AM. Reason: Added files

Comment

Perfect!

I now have the correct columns blinking with the correct colors--it feels like home

Thanks Ryan

Comment

One other question--I can't seem to find the right combo to get Berkshire Hathaway class A & B added to my list. Kinetick lists symbol as BRK.A and BRK.B but NT calls this an unknown instrument. I tried other variations with no luck.

Comment

BRK.B should already be available in the platform, but you will have to manually add BRK.A. You can do this by copying the details from the .B version

Click Tools > Instrument Manager
              Search for BRK
              Identify BRK.B and click Edit

Change Master Instrument to BRK.A, then click misc and identify the mapping for Kinetick. Change this also to BRK.A

Click OK and do a fresh Search - Both instruments should be added to the instrument manager. Add them to a list and they should be easily accessible from other areas of the platform.

Comment

That worked--thanks.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by cre8able, 02-11-2023, 05:43 PM
                3 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post rhubear
                by rhubear