Backtesting with NT7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Backtesting with NT7

I've recently upgraded from NT6.5 to NT7 and I'm trying to use different historical data to backtest my strategies. The historical data I purchased uses Central time while the historical data I've been saving from my provider uses Pacific time, which is where I live. I've been able to get NT7 to get results using the Pacific time historical data, but it doesn't return anything when I try to use the Central time historical data. Can someone please help?

Hello Xiongl80,

When you import the data, you can select the time zone of imported data. You can select Central Time and it will then align the imported data with the existing historical data. There shouldn't be any specific reason why time zone would prevent entries, so use the standard debugging tools to evaluate why orders aren't submitted. Print() all values and use TraceOrders output. Help for these tools is available here:

Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I've tried selecting Central time, but there are still no results. I know my strategies work because I've been testing them with NT6.5 before I upgraded to NT7. Could it be anything else?

Comment

In version 7, strategies must be enabled by setting enabled as true from the Right Click > Strategies menu. Session templates are a new feature in version 7 that could also lead to different results.

What happens when you run SampleMaCrossOver strategy? If it's working OK for you, then likely some issue with your code. We can give it a run here and compare if you can post it to the forums. You can also send your strategy to [email protected]
        Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by judysamnt7, 03-13-2023, 09:11 AM
        4 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post DynamicTest  
        Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
        4 responses
        0 likes