Kinetick free EOD feed issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kinetick free EOD feed issue

None of my charts will update to the current EOD bar until I exit NT completely and come back in.

I have tried to "Reload All Historical Data" repeatedly with no success.

I have also tried to disconnect and reconnect and that does not fix the issue either.

Any ideas out there? Thx

Hi motownlucas,

Thank you for your post. Can you please go to Help > About within the NinjaTrader Control Center and then please clarify which version of NinjaTrader 7 you are presently using.

Additionally, on your charts can you please right-click on the chart and then select Data Series can you please clarify which Session Template you are using.
    Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Yes sir, I am using 64-bit 7.0.1000.2
      However, I had the same issue with the 32-bit version, I believe of the same vintage, on my old computer.

Also, I am using the US Equities RTH session template. Let me guess, that is the issue?

Comment

Hi motownlucas,

Yes, I would try changing the Session Template to Default 24/7, and then also make sure your chart is set to view today's date as the End Date.

Also, please upgrade to NinjaTrader 7.0.1000.3, which you download from the following link:

Comment

The system/indicators I am evaluating specifically require RTH only. That shouldn't prevent a chart from updating though. If it does, that is a bug.

I didn't upgrade yet to 7.0.1000.3 because it was Beta, but if it is worthwhile I will go ahead and do it.

Your other suggestion caught my attention and I have a feeling that is the issue... The chart end date was most likely not set to today since I set the chart up yesterday. Is there anyway to set this to "Today" instead of a specific date so it always updates to the current date? If not, that would be a very handy feature for people who leave their NT open from one day to the next.

Comment

Hi motownlucas,

The Session Template should not ultimately make a difference but was something that I was curious about verifying.

As for the upgrade to 7.0.1000.3 you can stay with your current version if you are worried about the implications of the upgrade. The reason it is beta is because of the changes made to commercial indicator protection.

The date should update each day if the End date was set to the current day when the chart was created, but I would recommend you sync your PC clock so as to make sure this occurs. You can sync your PC clock by double clicking on the clock in the lower right corner of your desktop. Once you have done that, click on Internet Time tab and then click Update. Your PC clock should now be updated.

Comment

Very good. I just sync'd my clock and I will upgrade to the latest version of NT. I guess we'll see tomorrow COB if it worked. Thanks Ryan.

Comment

No good. Still have to manually update every chart to the current day.

Comment

Hi motownlucas,

Since the issue was not resolved with general connection items can you please clarify if removing the workspaces and then recreating those workspaces resolves the issue.

To delete your workspaces:
                  • Please close NinjaTrader and go to your desktop Start menu
                  • Open My Documents
                  • Go to the NinjaTrader 7 folder
                  • Go to the Workspaces folder
                  • Right click on all XML documents and select Delete
                  • Now restart the application and it should start up normally

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post