ChatTrader ATM Strategies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ChatTrader ATM Strategies

I'm a new NinjaTrader user and thoroughly enjoying the product. But I've run into a bit of a snag (I think).

I'm currently using the x64 version on Win 7 (no SP1) version 7.0.1000.2 and trying to use ATM Strategies within the ChartTrader. Now, I've been successful in creating ATM's using the FxPro entry window. However, the same ATM settings when used within ChartTrader are not functioning.

First question, can you use ATM's created within ChartTrader? If so, how does one get them to function?

Please note, I am using the Free version of NinjaTrader.

Thank you for any help and insights offered.

Hi FxQuad,

Thank you for your post, and welcome the forum.

Yes, if you are using the Free Edition License you can then use ATM strategies within Chart Trader.

To be able to implement strategies via a chart you will want to select Chart Trader and then choose a strategy, as strategies created in other windows should be available from within Chart Trader.

If I have misunderstood, can you please clarify if you receive any error messages.
    Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you for your prompt reply. I actually tend to develop the strategy on the Chart and within ChatTrader by selecting Custom within the ATM section and then the [...]. When the ATM strategy window pops up I create whatever ATM I need for that given chart. This is the same basic process I use when creating a New Entry utilizing FxPro. However, upon activation of the ChartTrader (I always create Pending Order's) order, none of the ATM strategy level (Stops or Limits) appear nor are they triggered. They do appear and are triggered when using FxPro on a new order.

I hope the above is a bit more clear.

Again, thank you for your prompt reply.

Edit: Upon reading the documentation it appears I may be running into the duplicate OCO ID issue. If I understand correctly, creating the ATM after Order submission should rectify the situation. Please advise if that is indeed correct.
      Last edited by FxQuad; 02-15-2011, 10:15 PM.

Comment

Hi FxQuad,

That process you described for Chart Trader should enable the trades to be visible on the chart, and based on your edit I would recommend that you create the ATM strategy after order submission.

However, to further clarify this issue can you please go to Help > About and please let us know which provider you are using, and which data provider you are using.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RyanOlson View Post
          Hi FxQuad,

That process you described for Chart Trader should enable the trades to be visible on the chart, and based on your edit I would recommend that you create the ATM strategy after order submission.

However, to further clarify this issue can you please go to Help > About and please let us know which provider you are using, and which data provider you are using.
          I am currently using Kinetick as my Data Feed provider.

Comment

Hi FxQuad,

On your chart can you please clarify the interval you are trading off of, and then also please right-click on the Chart Trader window and then select Properties. Can you please clarify what the Auto Scale property is set to True or False.

Comment

I typically place Orders on the 60m Time Frame and currently the Auto Scale option is set to True.

Comment

Hello FxQuad,

Based on the information provided, the order markers should appear in the chart trader interface after the entry order has filled.

To confirm, you're not seeing any order rejection errors, correct? If not, could you open a new workspace (File > New > Workspace) then next time this occurs, load a new chart with chart trader enabled and let us know what you see there?
                KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by kujista, Today, 05:44 AM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post kujista
                by kujista

Started by ZenCortexCLICK, Today, 04:58 AM
                0 responses