Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with lines in different charts

Hi

I work with several linked chart windows, now when I draw a trendline with the line function "Ray" F3 in the daily chart, the same line are on a different position in the linked 60 min. chart. see screenshot.

What can I do to resolve this problem?

An other question are, in the Data Series window under "Days to load", is it posible to preset it, for example to 100 days. Now it change every time the "Days to load" when I change the period, for example on the 30 min. chart I have 100 "Days to load" and when I switch to 1 day chart it change to 5 "Days to load".

Thank you
    regards michael
    Attached Files
    Last edited by michi08; 02-17-2011, 07:39 AM.

Hello,

Thanks for the forum post.

This has to do with granularity.

There is no way to resolve this issue currently other then the following.

You would need to draw your drawing objects on the smaller time frame chart for them to be reflected correctly / the same in all charts. Not all drawing objects will work when drawn in larger time frame charts when ported to smaller time frame charts.

Reason is this. Point A of the line is 2/1/2011 and Point B is 2/10/2011 on a daily chart. Now when you vew this on a 60 minute chart the question is where to put the two points. We always put it on the first bar of that same time. So Point A is on the first 60 minute bar where there are now 25 extra bars on a 25 hour chart for that day. Point B is placed on the first 60 minute bar and there are now an extra 25 bars length wise. Now the degree and angle will be different on the 60 minute chart since there are more bars on the chart.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:53 AM
    0 responses
    1 view
    0 likes
    Last Post CortexZenUSA  
    Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:46 AM
    0 responses
    1 view