Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Is it really mandatory to uninstall 7.0.1000.2 first?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it really mandatory to uninstall 7.0.1000.2 first?

I am trying to upgrade, and I keep getting this message. (See attached graphic).

This computer has NT 7.0.1000.2 and NT 6.5 both installed on it.
    Attached Files

Originally posted by koganam View Post
    I am trying to upgrade, and I keep getting this message. (See attached graphic).

This computer has NT 7.0.1000.2 and NT 6.5 both installed on it.
    I had no problems (windows vista x32, all updates (ugh, MS has new updates 2/17))..

I have 6.5 and 7.0.1000.3 which I installed what was it, 2 days ago?

I'm sure you exited all running versions??

I haven't had to uninstall NT 7 since like that 7.0.0.15 or whatever it was.

Comment

Thanks. That information helped. I just went back and downloaded 7.0.1000.3 again, and this time it installed without complaining. I believe that this is the first time that I am ever seeing this, and I too have been just upgrading since 7.0.0.15 or 16.

Strange. That was the 3rd time I downloaded it: the first 2 times gave me that same message. Oh well, all's well that ends well.

Comment

Where is the webpage that showed in pictures what to do..had pictures of deleting stuff from some folders?~! I can't find it now to do this

Comment

Please...I was looking at a webpage that showed detailed PICTURE instructions on how to install and remove stuff from the older NT 7 R2...it has pics of what files to remove from folder....now I can't find that page!

Comment

Originally posted by nttrader1 View Post
            Please...I was looking at a webpage that showed detailed PICTURE instructions on how to install and remove stuff from the older NT 7 R2...it has pics of what files to remove from folder....now I can't find that page!

Comment

Set up r3

Thanks...but I can't seem to uninstall the scripts because of the following...

It must be one of the many indicators I have and compiling an indicator takes me to the line code of the problem...but can't delete it because of other dependencies...but i have no idea as to find those dependencies.

So maybe the solution is total clean removal of NT 7...isn't that what we are doing here anyway?

Attached Files

Comment

No idea brother. I don't have those items installed.

I just barely remember that 7.0.0.15 required complete uninstallation and then new install.

There are still notes about that if you haven't upgraded since 7.0.0.15?..

My last NT 7 installs since are clean.. just download and it all works fine.

Thanks...but I can't seem to uninstall the scripts because of the following...

It must be one of the many indicators I have and compiling an indicator takes me to the line code of the problem...but can't delete it because of other dependencies...but i have no idea as to find those dependencies.

So maybe the solution is total clean removal of NT 7...isn't that what we are doing here anyway?

Comment

Hi nttrader1,

Thank you for your post.

The only way to resolve the indicator issues would be to determine the other indicator or strategy that references the indicator with the issue, and then remove those items first. However, you can uninstall and reinstall NinjaTrader completely to resolve the issue, but it would not be necessary when upgrading to the most current version, as the beta version 7.0.1000.15 was the last version that required a full reinstall prior to upgrade.

Please follow the steps listed below to completely uninstall and reinstall NinjaTrader:
                  1. Close all running applications.
                  2. Then from the Start menu select --> Control Panel --> Add and Remove Programs.
                  3. From Add and Remove Programs select NinjaTrader 7 and click Remove.
                  4. Then manually delete the folder "NinjaTrader 7" located under Start --> My Documents.
                  5. Delete any NinjaTrader installation files. This can be done by going to Start --> My Computer --> Search button --> search for (NinjaTrader*) --> select Local C Disk and then press search.
                  6. Then you will need to clear your internet browser cache and history. You will clear this from within your internet browser (with IE, Tools-->Options, delete cookies and files, clear history).
                  7. Reboot your machine.
                  8. Once these steps are completed, download NT7 from the link below:
                    Download

Please let us know if you are able to get up and running after the reinstall.
                  Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

When you remove program for NT7, the "Ninjatrader 7" folder in the documents folder stays. To do a complete removal of NT7, you need to delete or move or rename that folder. After doing this, you are doing a complete reset of NT and all customizations need to be done from scratch.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by gravdigaz6, Yesterday, 11:40 PM
                    1 response
                    0 likes
                    Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                    Started by MarianApalaghiei, Yesterday, 10:49 PM
                    3 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred