NT freezes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT freezes

I just downloaded and imported a NT 6.5 indicator ( BuySellPressureBarCol.zip) from your site. I have NT 7, but I have used other 6.5 indicators before without incident. Anyways, after installing this indicator my NT works until I try to open the Indicator Builder, at which time NT freezes. In about 3 to 5 minutes the indicator Builder window will open up and work, but until then I'm stuck. Each time I open the Indicator Builder window on any chart, to use any indicator this now happens.

I already deleted the above indicator by going from the Control Panel -> Tools -> Edit NinjaScript -> Indicator and selecting the indicator and clicking Delete, however the problem persists. How can I remedy this?

Thanks,

Safetrading

Hi safetrading,

Thank you for your post.

Can you please compile your indicators and then see if there are any custom indicators that return errors.

• Open NinjaTrader
    • From the Control Center select the Tools menu--> select the Edit NinjaScript menu item--> select Indicator
    • Select an indicator and double click on it.
    • A new window will appear and you will need to right click in the window and select Compile to compile the indicators.
    • At the bottom of the window a new section will appear were you can find the error locations.

Please let me know if you do receive any messages, and if so which indicators they pertain to.
    Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Interesting, I did as you said. When I compiled an indicator, no errors appeared, but now the problem is gone.

Thanks,

Safetrading
      Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RyanOlson View Post
      Hi safetrading,

Thank you for your post.

Can you please compile your indicators and then see if there are any custom indicators that return errors.

• Open NinjaTrader
      • From the Control Center select the Tools menu--> select the Edit NinjaScript menu item--> select Indicator
      • A new window will appear and you will need to right click in the window and select Compile to compile the indicators.
      • At the bottom of the window a new section will appear were you can find the error locations.

Please let me know if you do receive any messages, and if so which indicators they pertain to.

Comment

After my last post reporting that my NT was working again last night, this morning I opened my NT to run some sim trades and the problem of the Indicator window freezing is back. Since it was working I have not modified any indicators.

One detail I failed to mention before, I have a dual monitor setup (have had for a long time) and always in the past, when I open the Indicator window for an active window, the Indicator window always opens up on top of the active chart. Since this problem has started though, the indicator window always opens up on the opposing monitor, that is to say, if the active chart is on the left monitor, the Indicator window opens on the right monitor. This doesn't bother me, but I thougt I would provide this info since this has never occured before.

Please advise on what to do next.

Thanks,

Safetrading
        Originally posted by safetrading View Post
        Interesting, I did as you said. When I compiled an indicator, no errors appeared, but now the problem is gone.

Thanks,

Safetrading

Comment

Hi safetrading,

Based on the indicators dialog window opening on your opposing monitor I would recommend that we remove the workspaces. To delete your workspaces:
          • Please close NinjaTrader and go to your desktop Start menu
          • Open My Documents
          • Go to the NinjaTrader 7 folder
          • Go to the Workspaces folder
          • Right click on all XML documents and select Delete
          • Now restart the application and it should start up normally

Then upon re-opening NinjaTrader please go to Tools > Edit NinjaScript > Indicators and then open any indicator and right-click in the ensuing window and then select Compile.

After these steps please let me know if the issue persists.

Comment

I did as you instructed, but the problem continues. The only difference is that when the Indicator window finally appears, it appears on top of the active chart like it used to.

What should I try next?

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RyanOlson View Post
            Hi safetrading,

Thank you for your post.

• Open NinjaTrader

Comment

Hi safetrading,

Regarding the issue with the indicators window can you please go to Tools > Edit NinjaScript > Indicators and then please let me know if there is an jtEconNews2 indicator present, or if there is that assembly listed in the File > Utilities > Remove NinjaScript Assembly for the jtEconNews2.

Comment

That suggestion seemed to fix the problem. I removed that news indicator and then compiled an indicator, and now when opening the indicator list it opens up as fast as it should. There must be some problem with that indicator.

Comment

Indicator window freezing

I removed the jtEconNews2 as suggested and for now everything is working correctly. I also have the jtRealStats indicator installed, is there any concern that this indicator may cause issues of any sort?

Safetradin

Originally posted by jdella View Post
                  That suggestion seemed to fix the problem. I removed that news indicator and then compiled an indicator, and now when opening the indicator list it opens up as fast as it should. There must be some problem with that indicator.

Comment

Not sure about that, although if you have realstats running and can open up the indicator list with no problems, I would say you are fine. All my other indicators are working fine now that I got rid of the news indicator, not sure what happened, because up until yesterday it worked fine with no issues, but whatever, I'll just have to resort to the old fashioned way of looking at forex factory website for news times.

Comment

Hi safetrading and jdella,

The issue is detailed by a user at the following page:

Since the indicator is user submitted the removal will be the steps you will want to take due to the issues within the code.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by wzgy0920, 04-20-2024, 06:09 PM
                      2 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post wzgy0920  
                      Started by wzgy0920, 02-22-2024, 01:11 AM
                      5 responses
                      0 likes