Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starting a price bar from NYSE opening print

Hi
    I want my bar to start from the NYSE opening print. So say it is 09:30:02 ET and the NYSE has not printed its opening print, even though on ARCA trading has happened for a stock - I do not want my bars to start yet.

I want all my bars to start only from the time the NYSE opens. Is this the default behavior or do I have to do something extra to enable this ?

Welcome to our forums here - you could use the session manager to define a custom session template for your chart as you see fit, but unfortunately you could not dynamically tie the times to the first NYSE print.

BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply. These forums are very helpful.

So if all my trading logic is based on the bars starting from the NYSE open - should I just use the
      OnMarketData
      event to capture Open, High, Low, Close and maintain my own bars as a way of making this work?

I have to do this for running my strategy on a basket of 500 stocks so not sure if that is too much load on NT to do in real - time. Is it?

Comment

psycho760, yes that might be an option or you could also look into coding your own barstype for this purpose...while we do not offer support for this area, you can look into the open code barstype file in the MyDocuments\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom\Type folder for ideas.
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

NYSE Open

Reopening an old thread, but I notice that on my 50 NYSE stock strategy that onbarupdate kicks off at 09:30 EST.... and I get strange behaviour in that it trades as if it were the previous days bar in play. I have !historical set as a blocker for this... but it doesnt seem to be working..... I will try a strategy start at 09:30:10 to see if that helps.. but am not convinced that it will. I know that the NYSE open is slow to get to the NBBO in some names... and I did get an error message

IB, There is no market data available to drive the simulation engine. affected Order: Buy 23100 Market

if it does cure the problem I shall post a basic strategy so that no one else has to go through the nightmare I have had to get this strategy working.

If anyone out there has also had this problem please advise.

Regards to all

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
          11 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post xiinteractive  
          Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
          1 response
          0 likes