Brand New User, Lost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brand New User, Lost

I downloaded the free version, coded an indicator, got a clean compile.
    Then I connected the simulated data feed.
    Then I opened a new chart, for the same thing as in the data feed: ES 03-11. I'm not seeing anything on the chart at all.
    What am I doing wrong? Also, I looked all over the help but don't see anything like a tutorial on getting started.
    I'm trying this now as this is a three day weekend and I figure there's plenty of time for me to play with this, but as it stands now, I'm completely stuck.

I don't think you are missing much.

I'm having difficulties too. My chart isn't moving either.

The dynamic super DOM is also off by quite a bit.

Looks broke at the moment.

I remember this was working in NT 6.5.

Originally posted by phantasm View Post
    I downloaded the free version, coded an indicator, got a clean compile.
    Then I connected the simulated data feed.
    Then I opened a new chart, for the same thing as in the data feed: ES 03-11. I'm not seeing anything on the chart at all.
    What am I doing wrong? Also, I looked all over the help but don't see anything like a tutorial on getting started.
    I'm trying this now as this is a three day weekend and I figure there's plenty of time for me to play with this, but as it stands now, I'm completely stuck.

Comment

Hmm.
      Is the charting normally reliable? Does the charting normally work with the simulated feed? It would be annoying if it didn't.
      I'd rather not use up the two week trial for whoever I decide to use for real data trying to get the charting to work.

Comment

Got it. I couldn't figure out about the "24/7 Default Template" that the sticky in this one refers to, as I have no Chart Templates of course, but I found it when setting up a new chart just now.
        For any other shining new newbies out there: the Session Template is under Data, in bold, on the right hand side where all the settings for the chart are. Click on it, there's a LONG drop down, and way down on the list there's the "Default 24/7" template. Click that, and tada! The chart works.
        I imagine during regular session hours it would have probably worked without setting it to this.

Comment

Originally posted by phantasm View Post
          Hmm.
          Is the charting normally reliable? Does the charting normally work with the simulated feed? It would be annoying if it didn't.
          I'd rather not use up the two week trial for whoever I decide to use for real data trying to get the charting to work.

I prefer to record market session data and then backtest on that.

I restarted NT 7 when I go home. I changed to 24/7, it started to finally chart, but still kind of acting odd and not matching up 100%.

I started up NT 6.5 and it all appears to work as expected. chart matches dynamic superdom tick for tick. No special 24x7 needed.

Comment

Hi phantasm and sledge,

Thank you for your posts.

Glad to see you got the data to load with the simulated data feed by modifying the session template, which you can also modify on the instrument level:

This would apply the instrument settings when opening a new chart without configuring for 24 hours each time.

Then for the Market Replay data that is not syncing you may want to close NinjaTrader and then sync the PC clock, but both scenarios, whether using simulated data or replay data affords the ability to test within NinjaTrader.

You can sync your PC clock by double clicking on the clock in the lower right corner of your desktop. Once you have done that, click on Internet Time tab and then click Update. Your PC clock should now be updated.
            Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

This solved that problem in NT7.

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RyanOlson View Post
              Hi phantasm and sledge,

Then for the Market Replay data that is not syncing you may want to close NinjaTrader and then sync the PC clock, but both scenarios, whether using simulated data or replay data affords the ability to test within NinjaTrader.

You can sync your PC clock by double clicking on the clock in the lower right corner of your desktop. Once you have done that, click on Internet Time tab and then click Update. Your PC clock should now be updated.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by WHICKED, Today, 12:45 PM
              2 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post WHICKED
              by WHICKED

Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
              15 responses
              0 likes