Problem bringing up indicator list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem bringing up indicator list

I've just encountered a problem I haven't seen before. I was using NT 7 build 23 and when I went to bring up the list of indicators CTRL+I, the indicator would come up very very slowly. Eventually it would come up but it seems rather sluggish and unresponsive. I was thinking of upgrading to NT 7.1000.2 this weekend and went ahead and did that hoping this issue would disappear. Unfortunately this didn't work. The install went fine and the program seems to run but the very slow list loading is still an issue.

What would you suggest? Would a complete uninstall and re-install of NT 7.1000.2 be effective in fixing this?

Hi topstep,

Thank you for your post.

Can you please compile your indicators separately and then please let me know if you are able to open the indicators window more quickly.

To compile the indicators can you please go to Tools > Edit NinjaScript > Indicators and then open any indicator and in the ensuing window right-click and then select compile.
    Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Yes, I am having the same problem. I tried your suggestion to topstep and still the same issues. I have un-installed everything and re-installed NT 7 and still bringing up the list takes a few minutes, never had this problem before ever.

Comment

A follow up to my last post. For anyone having this problem see if you have the JT Econews2 indicator on your list, if you do then delete it and re-compile another indicator. Once you do that, then you will be fine opening up the indicator list as normal.

Comment

I had run Ryan's suggestion last night (forgot to mention that in my original message) and recompiling did not help. Thank you very much jdella for your suggestion to delete the JTEconews2 indicator. This worked beautifully. I'm just curious. How were you able to identify this particular file as the offending file? I've had it on my computer for months with no issues until yesterday.

Comment

I researched a little further in this forum someone had posted that NT was freezing when they called up their indicator list and one of the moderators suggested doing that and I tried it and it worked. I too have had that news indy working for months and yesterday, I encountered all these problems, so must have developed some sort of bug in the indicator for whatever reason. Glad it worked for you.

Comment

Thanks jdella for your prompt response. Others who are having issues related to this may want to check out this link on Mike's list for more information:
              hey fatty i stumbled on this because the jteconnews2(a?) that i was using was working fine but then now it starts fine but vanishes from the screen right away. this happens even when its the only indie on the chart. thats not bother now that ive found your version, but im getting this error: im guessing its pointing to the wrong location now-a-days or something? thanks for your help if you happen to know the issue. :) _______________________________________________________________________________________________________ ok …

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by rocketman7, Today, 01:00 AM
              1 response
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
              Started by wzgy0920, 04-23-2024, 09:53 PM
              3 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH