What CliSecure options are being used?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What CliSecure options are being used?

Would it be possible to tell us which options are being used to secure the NT dlls we export when we enable the CliSecure facility? There seem to be so many options in the documentation that it is hard to see just what NT may be doing under the covers.

We are using the following options via command line.

/SecureNT /DisableRuntimeEmbedding /us /RedistFileName:CliSecureRT /Redist64FileName:CliSecureRT64
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Ray View Post
      We are using the following options via command line.

/SecureNT /DisableRuntimeEmbedding /us /RedistFileName:CliSecureRT /Redist64FileName:CliSecureRT64
      Is there any way or provision to use the other stronger settings, or even to reference a settings file?

I also do not see /SecureNT among the options. At first blush, from the name, it appears to be an option to specifically secure NT assemblies, but as the option is not listed, one begins to wonder if any of the other options are even available for use.

I guess what I am asking is if these settings that are being used by default in NT are set in stone, and the only way to use the enhanced options is to pay for the full unspecialized version of the CliSecure?

Comment

koganam, I will have Ray get back to you on Monday.
        AustinNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by koganam View Post
          Is there any way or provision to use the other stronger settings, or even to reference a settings file?

I also do not see /SecureNT among the options. At first blush, from the name, it appears to be an option to specifically secure NT assemblies, but as the option is not listed, one begins to wonder if any of the other options are even available for use.

I guess what I am asking is if these settings that are being used by default in NT are set in stone, and the only way to use the enhanced options is to pay for the full unspecialized version of the CliSecure?
          These questions you would need to direct to CliSecure as I am not 100% sure what limitations they have imposed on the free version to our users.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Ray View Post
            These questions you would need to direct to CliSecure as I am not 100% sure what limitations they have imposed on the free version to our users.
            Hm. If I may offer a mild criticism, that is a bit of a strange answer, because considering how your NinjaTrader tells us EXACTLY what the limitations of the free product are, and what we get when we buy a license, I find it a bit strange that you did not require that your vendor, CliSecure, provide you at least with the same detailed level of information as to the product limitations of what they are providing to you, for you to provide to us.

Perchance you do not expect your vendors to provide to you the same level of information that you provide to your own customers?

Comment

The limitations of the free product are for their protection module only. Any other features are in their paid for version. My intention is was that should you wish to learn more about their full version, you would need to contact them directly since they are best qualified to explain what their full product is capable of. However, I will get clarification from them and see if we can publish it on our documentation,.

Comment

That response prompted me to go back and read my original question again, and I think that it was ambiguous after all. It certainly can be read to appear that I was asking about other features, such as licencing and locks. I apologize for my lack of clarity.

In reality, I was asking about their protection module only: I just kind of assumed that licensing and such would not be available in the free version, and in any case, as I am working towards becoming an NT authorized vendor, I will not need CliSecure licensing, as I would be using the NT licensing model anyway.

The command-line that you provided shows that the NT process provides:

base security - /SecureNT
                string encryption - /us
                and no runtime embedding - /DisableRuntimeEmbedding.

What I was asking about are the other protection options, such as:

/Obfuscate for code obfuscation
                /UseUnprintableChars for function name mangling
                /MethodCallObfuscation for mangling method code flow

or using a file to set these options for defaults, as in a command-line that reads: CliSecure @FileName.

Which leads me to a suggestion. Maybe if NT itself changes to calling the command-line with a NT provided settings file, then we can just edit that settings file to change options as we need?

Comment

Sorry for the delay, I wanted to confirm with Secureteam before I respond.

These additional options are not part of the free version that we license. You would need to purchase their full version to get these features.

Comment

Hi, I wanted to ask clarification about code protection and the latest NT 7.0 build (7.0.1000.4). NT apparently now includes a limited, free version of CliSecure. One can also purchase a $299 of RemoteSoft. And then .Net has a community edition of DotFuscator. Persumably one could obfuscate an NT indicator using any of the technologies. Which solution represents the best protection of one's IP? Also, has NT worked out any discounted alternative to the $795 full version of CliSecure?

Comment

Originally posted by grose View Post
                      Hi, I wanted to ask clarification about code protection and the latest NT 7.0 build (7.0.1000.4). NT apparently now includes a limited, free version of CliSecure. One can also purchase a $299 of RemoteSoft. And then .Net has a community edition of DotFuscator. Persumably one could obfuscate an NT indicator using any of the technologies. Which solution represents the best protection of one's IP? Also, has NT worked out any discounted alternative to the $795 full version of CliSecure?
                      Hi Grose,

We strongly advise developers not to protect assemblies with anything other than CliSecure for NinjaTrader 7.0.1000.3 or later. Mixing assemblies protected by competing products can cause unexpected run time behaviors. Apart from the free version of CliSecure, there is no other discount that we have negotiated for the full CliSecure versions.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by traderqz, Yesterday, 09:06 AM
                      3 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post NinjaTrader_ThomasC  
                      Started by f.saeidi, Today, 10:19 AM
                      1 response
                      0 likes