Chart Disfigurement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chart Disfigurement

For some reason my chart is disfigured, parts of the bars are missing. It looks like what happens during a futures contract ending although all the time and just started happening.

I tried resetting DB, that didnt work, so i deleted all files in the db directory....reloaded historical one min data....that data displays wrong, live data feed displays wrong.....

Any ideas? I first noticed this as during a strategy backtest the equity curve was flat for like a year....the data was loaded but not processing, nor will it come up on a chart correctly. If i type in 5/1/2010 and 1000 days back, i only get about a year. (import data)

NT7 .3

Hi neb1998,

Thank you for your post.

Can you please clarify which instrument, interval and provider you are using to generate the chart.

Additionally, on the instrument that is showing this behavior please go to Tools > Instrument Manager > find the instrument and then highlight > Edit and then in the ensuing window you change the Merge Policy to DoNotMerge and then exit the Instrument Editor. Once you have made this change please reload the chart.
    Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ryan,

I am using zenfire, TF 03-11, 1 min bars.

Also tried with tradestation 1 min data for TF as well.

I tried your suggestion and it did not work.

Also tried with the End of day free data and it also displays the same issue.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by neb1998; 02-21-2011, 09:40 PM.

Comment

I reinstalled ninja as on another machine it was not happening. I looked at the log and trace files and nothing looked out of order. I have noticed this happening before on a long backtest, somehow part of the DB is becoming corrupt.

Charts are OK now after the reinstall, i will try to rerun the backtest and will know in the morning if its ok or not.

Comment

Hi neb1998,

Glad to hear the reinstall took care of the issue, but to further understand this issue did you completely remove NinjaTrader 7 folder from the My Documents location so that you did a fresh install of NinjaTrader, or was that folder left intact.

Comment

I removed the directory in mydocuments and in program files completely (after backing up)

Comment

neb1998,

And the backup was restored and does not display this behavior? What was included in the backup?

Comment

Sorry, i actually do not use the backup tool. I found it corrupted my file once so i just copy the entire custom directory. I have not yet loaded back in my strategies or indicators but this was happening on empty charts.

I believe the corrupt file was due to going from one version to another of Ninja. But i have not tried since. I tend to manage the files directly with explorer anyway to keep down compile times.

Comment

neb1998,

Perfect, thanks for that clarification, and based on what you would have restored then it could have been an issue within the database, or perhaps the workspaces.

Without knowing more I can't say precisely, but if it occurs again I would be interested in determining the precise cause.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by cre8able, 02-11-2023, 05:43 PM
                  3 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post rhubear
                  by rhubear

Started by frslvr, 04-11-2024, 07:26 AM
                  8 responses