Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Bug: Order stuck in Pending state with trailing stop.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bug: Order stuck in Pending state with trailing stop.

v6.0.1000.5
    Using Chart Trader. Patsystems.

This problem has now happened 3 times.
    It has only happened when I have attached a Stop strategy to a ATM bracket strategy. ATM Bracket strategy without the Stop strategy has never had a problem.

I have a simple bracket strategy:
    1 Target-
    Profit target: 12
    Stop loss: 6
    Stop strategy:
    Auto trail
    1 step - Stop loss 8, Freq 1, Profit trigger 4.

When my profit target was hit. The stop order displayed state of Pending. I could not cancel the stop order or move it.

The first time it happened, I call the broker and he said I have no working orders and position is flat though NT was still showing the stop order as Pending. Luckily the market kept moving away from the stop. I exited NT and restarted and order was gone and position was flat.

The 2nd time it happened, I wasnt so lucky. Again after hitting my profit target, the stop order showed Pending. Again I could not cancel it or move it. I exited NT and this time the market came back thru the stop price. When I restarted NT the stop order had filled and I was net short 1. I scrambled and fired a market order to go flat.

The 3rd time it happened again after hitting my profit target, the stop order showed pending and I could not cancel it or move it. Luckily the market kept moving away from the stop order. I exited NT and restarted. The stop order was not there and my position was flat.

This seems like a pretty fundamental bug. As a minimum workaround, It would be nice to somehow tell NT to "resync" with the broker without having to exit and restart NT which seems to force a "resync".

Hi Shawnj:

Thank you for posting and reporting this issue with Pending Cancel transactions.

I would like to further investigate. Can you send me your log file and a time stamp of the trade in question. We can determine from the log as to whether or not NinjaTrader is receiving a cancel message back from Patsystems.

You may send the logs to me manually to support @ ninjatrader dot com and reference this post. To do this, go to Documents (this could be My Documents if on Windows XP) > NinjaTrader 6 > log folder and attach the file with the appropriate day.

Best regards,
    RyanNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by mmckinnm, Today, 01:34 PM
    0 responses
    1 view
    0 likes
    Last Post mmckinnm  
    Started by f.saeidi, Today, 01:32 PM