Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Save data from chart

Hello,

Is there a way to save data on my hard drive? Now, everytime when I create new chart (even the same instrument, but other time frame) the NT take data from IB connection.

It is time consuming and sometimes too hard task for Interactive Brokers servers (when I want to open to many charts at one time).

Can I change it and save all data at my hard drive and IB connection use only to actualize?

Thanks
    Daniel

Hello Danielj,

Yes, this is possible. To save chart data:
    Click Tools > Options > Data tab > Check the box Save Chart data as historical

To disable historical data from IB:
    Click Tools > Account Connections > Highlight IB connection and click Change
    Walk through wizard and set Historical data as disabled.

Please see here for when NinjaTrader will make data requests:
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you.

Daniel

Comment

Sorry, but it isnt so good, as I thought.

I did as you wrote. I checked "Disable, I will use another connection for historical data"

Now I disconnected IB connection and close NT. When I opened again and I connected with IB, I reload chart and entire chart is white. Why?

Thank you,
        Daniel

Comment

Did you also check the box Save Chart Data as Historical and make a request to download data before disabling the historical data?

No historical data means that it will not request data at all, so you must have the data saved from another source.

Comment

I did everything what you said. Now I think it is working but sometimes I dont understand how. Thats why I have two questions:

1) I have settings which you recommend. What should I do to create a new chart for instrument which I dont have historical data (I want to open it first time)? Should I have to change settings for IB connection (in tools/account connections) and create a chart using data from IB servers and then change setting in IB connection to "Disable, I will youse another connection for historical data" again. It is complicated a little bit.

2) If I have still settings which you reccomend what will happend
            if I will have 2 days break? Are data form the chart are saving only if NT is working with IB connection turning on? Will NT download from IB servers, prices for these to days when I have break or I will have gap on my chart with out prices from these days?

Thanks for answering
            Daniel

Comment

When you disable historical data, then the feed only supplies data in real time while you are connected.

If you want to request history then you have to enable historical data.

Please let me know if you would like additional clarification.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by kaywai, Today, 06:26 AM
              0 responses
              1 view
              0 likes
              Last Post kaywai
              by kaywai

Started by kevinenergy, 02-17-2023, 12:42 PM