IB or First Hours' high and low indicator needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IB or First Hours' high and low indicator needed

Maybe I'm staring it in the face, but I can't find an indicator for the first hours' high and first hours' low either in version 6.5 or version 7.0. Does anybody have an indicator for this that would work with both 6.5 and 7.0?

Thanks,
    Tasuki

Hello Tasuki,

You can check the file sharing section for additional indicators. What you're looking for is pretty close to our NinjaScript reference sample on getting highest high and lowest low of a specified time range:
    http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...4911#post44911

For custom programming your own, the property BarsSinceSession is pretty useful:
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RyanM View Post
      Hello Tasuki,

You can check the file sharing section for additional indicators. What you're looking for is pretty close to our NinjaScript reference sample on getting highest high and lowest low of a specified time range:

For custom programming your own, the property BarsSinceSession is pretty useful:
      http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...ncesession.htm
      Ryan, thanks for trying. See attached chart with descriptions. That indicator looks like it ought to work fine, but its lower line is wrong, as you can see from my chart. So close yet so far! Drat it! I'd really like to figure out what's wrong. I've got the session set properly, starting at 6:30 AM, and I've got the indicator set properly, with the start hour at 6, the start minute at 30, the end hour at 7 and the end minute at 30. (these are for Pacific time, of course). So, why does the indicator draw that top line correctly and the bottom line incorrectly? I've tried all sorts of changes modifying the start times, the session times, etc. but nothing seems to change that bottom line. For whatever reason, the bottom line is determined to draw itself at the lows for 6:50 AM, not 6:30 AM. Why?

If anyone can figure out what's wrong, that would be great. This indicator could be very useful if it weren't for this gliltch.

Thanks,
      Tasuki
      Attached Files

Comment

Thank you Tasuki. Can you please try to re-download and re-import this file? There was a change made that should make it work more like you expect.

Comment

Thank you Tasuki. Can you please try to re-download and re-import this file? There was a change made that should make it work more like you expect.
          Ray,
          When I tried to import, I got the error message shown in the attached pic. What I did was to download the new indicator (which is indeed a bigger size) to my desktop. I then opened up the file/utilities/import ninjascript dialog box, and copied the indicator to that box. It asked me if I wanted to replace the old version which was already there with the new one, and I said yes. I then double-clicked on the indicator in the import ninjascript box and got this error message. So close yet so far! What do I do now?
          Thanks,
          Tasuki
          Attached Files

Comment

It works OK here. I would clear your downloaded files cache or maybe try with an alternate browser.

What version of NinjaTrader are you using?
            Last edited by NinjaTrader_RyanM1; 02-28-2011, 04:24 PM.

Comment

It works OK here. I would clear your downloaded files cache or maybe try with an alternate browser.

What version of NinjaTrader are you using?
              Ryan,
              I'm using NT 6.5, and I keep getting the same error message. Do I have to remove the old indicator from the program first? I don't even know how to do that. All I did was to remove the zip file from the /My documents/Ninjatrader 6.5//bin/custom folder. Is that not the right thing to do? I'd really like to get this to work. Thanks for your help.
              Tasuki

Comment

That file was exported using version 7. You can download NinjaTrader 7 here:

Comment

That file was exported using version 7. You can download NinjaTrader 7 here:
                  http://www.ninjatrader.com/download-registration.php
                  Thanks, Ryan. This version of the indicator works on NT 7.0 I still prefer to use 6.5---how hard is it (or is it impossible?) to change the indicator around so it will work on 6.5? I find 6.5 alot more user friendly, so I prefer to use it until they've got the bugs out of 7.0. Anyway, is it possible to re-code the indicator or do something else so I can use it in 6.5?
                  Thanks,
                  Tasuki

Comment

Unfortunately this indicator will not be maintained for version 6.5. If you need something coded specifically for you, please see the link below for our NinjaScript consultants, who can be hired to write code to your specifications:

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by briansaul, Today, 05:31 AM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post briansaul  
                    Started by fwendolynlpxz, Today, 05:19 AM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes