Market Replay on charts and testing strategies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Market Replay on charts and testing strategies

I used market replay daa and downloaded 6E futures data from 2/21 to 2/25. Now, I connect to market replay data and started a DOM to test ATM... to follow with the DOM, I started a new chart...However, the date on chart was grayed out to end at 2/20 and give 5 days of data!!

You can not change the date to 2/25 to see the data that I am trading on the DOM!!!

1) Is there a way that I can see the replay data on 1 min chart? date cant be changed!!

2) Also, I dont see how you can test strategy using market replay?

Hi sam11976,

Thank you for your post.

The time control for Market Replay will be within the Market Replay playback bar. You will want to configure the Session Template to Default 24/7 and then when you change the date and time of available data to Market Replay the chart will reflect those changes. More information at:

Then with Replay data you can apply a strategy to a chart as the replay data is being built on a chart.
    Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I wish whoever answer these posts that they will take the time to test the condition I am explaining. I took the time to give enough details to replicate it so that I can get a proper response that has value to fix the problem. this response is not. I read the guide link before and it does not address the question.

Comment

Hi sam11976,

When using Market Replay the End Date on a chart is greyed out because it displays the last date prior to the data that is available. If you are viewing a chart with 24 hours data by setting the Session Template to Default 24/7 then when you start the Market Replay the downloaded data should begin populating the chart for the 21st from Midnight.

Based on your downloading of the data and the chart reflecting the accurate time based on the available data then you can run Market Replay from the playback bar. Then when the data is playing you can apply strategies to a chart as if it were real-time data.

However, if the replay is not functioning at all then I apologize for my misunderstanding and you will want to close NinjaTrader and sync your PC clock. You can sync your PC clock by double clicking on the clock in the lower right corner of your desktop. Once you have done that, click on Internet Time tab and then click Update. Your PC clock should now be updated.

Then if you could please send an email to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com and include reference to this thread and a good way to contact to remotely assist we can follow-up in that manner to assist.

Comment

Attached is a screen print of the condition I am referring to. the chart is set 24x7 and the date greyed out to end 2/23, however, I downloaded 2/24...so I can chart the day I downloaded. MARKET REPLAY is a function I had in software I owned in the mid 90's. you d think software in 2011 will be able to chart the data I am replaying!!

Again, the 2nd part of the question, how can u retest strategy script with replay?
          Attached Files

Comment

Attached is a screen print of the condition I am referring to. the chart is set 24x7 and the date greyed out to end 2/23, however, I downloaded 2/24...so I can chart the day I downloaded. MARKET REPLAY is a function I had in software I owned in the mid 90's. you d think software in 2011 will be able to chart the data I am replaying!!

Again, the 2nd part of the question, how can u retest strategy script with replay?

Comment

Hi sam11976,

Can you please clarify which time you are located in, as well as please send an email to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com as I would like to remotely assist.

In reviewing your configuration the Market Replay date is greyed-out as expected, and it shows the date prior to the available data date, and so if you were to begin playing the data it should work as expected.

However, I would like to discuss this with you personally and remotely assist so if you can please forward me a method to contact you at support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com and reference this thread I would be glad to assist in that manner.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by kevinenergy, 02-17-2023, 12:42 PM
              118 responses
              1 like
              Last Post kevinenergy  
              Started by briansaul, Today, 05:31 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes