How Do I...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How Do I...?

In NT 7.0, I'm trying to create some basic charts, and I'm having real trouble getting things to work for me. So, here's a couple of "how do I?" questions:

1) How do I create default settings for indicators I commonly use? For example, I always use the same colors when setting lines for the previous days' high, low, open and close. I don't want to have to go through the laborious task of setting each color, each thickness and each dash/dotted/solid style every single time I put these lines on a chart. Yet, I do not see any "default" button so I can routinely choose the same settings. Am I staring right at it, or is there some other way that this is done in Ninja?

2) How do I save groups of indicators that I commonly use together? I tried using the "templates" function, but that is a lame and very inefficient way to do it, because, as I've found out the hard way, every time you apply a template, you wipe out whatever indicators you had on the chart before you applied the template. Is there some way to merge templates? That would work, but I can't figure out how to do it.

Thanks,
    Tasuki

Hi Tasuki,

Thank you for your post.

1. This would be available in the Indicator Properties when first applying the indicator if you were to modify a property and then if you right-click you can save as Default for the particular indicator. More information at:

2. The templates will save your applied properties and indicators, but only one template can be applied to a chart at a time. I would recommend that you create separate templates for multiple indicator configurations and then you can switch between them. However, a merge function is something that I have forwarded as a suggestion to development for inclusion on the list of possible future enhancements.
    Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by iceman2018, Today, 10:39 AM
    0 responses
    1 view
    0 likes
    Last Post iceman2018  
    Started by nleitman, Yesterday, 11:46 AM
    16 responses