PriorDayOHLC option to plot current value

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PriorDayOHLC option to plot current value

The CurrentDayOHL has an option "Plot current value only" -- why does the PriorDayOHLC not include this option? I don't care what the high of the 5th day back was by looking at the 4th day back, it only serves to clutter up the chart :-) I just want *yesterday's* values. Can you please add this option? I can't imagine why it's not there.

Edit: Also, the "Plot current value only" option in CurrentDayOHL causes the current open to extend 100% of the width of the chart. I'm thinking, why would anyone want to see *today's* open extended before today? Perhaps it should just start at bar 0 for *today* and extend all the way to the right? :-)
    Last edited by JoshDance; 02-26-2011, 06:23 PM.

Hi JoshDance,

Thank you for your post and suggestion. I have forwarded this suggestion to development for inclusion on the list of possible future enhancements since that functionality for the PriorDayOHLC, but in the meantime you could use the Constant Lines indicator and then input the OHLC values for the previous day only.
    Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I'm more keen on modifying the code to produce the desired result than manually putting in the lines, I could do that with no indicators at all.

If I want to plot lines only starting with the first bar of the current session, can you give me a quick idea of how to programmatically do that?

Comment

Josh, if I understand your question correctly, you'll have to do some sort of a time check on each bar and then only plot when the bars fall within your time constraints. If I have not interpreted your question correctly, please let me know.
        AustinNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

That is what I'd like to do--I'm not sure how to tell NT to not plot at a bar. It seems to run through each bar and plots, but how do I suppress it? And what function can I check to see if the current bar is in the current session?

Comment

You would only set the plot then if your time / session condition is fullfilled - you can check for the applied session template with - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...xtbeginend.htm
            BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by cre8able, Today, 01:16 PM
            2 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post cre8able  
            Started by chbruno, 04-24-2024, 04:10 PM
            3 responses
            0 likes