Import .csv historical tick data file into Ninjatrader

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Import .csv historical tick data file into Ninjatrader

I'm trying to find the proper way to import historical tick data that I downloaded from Alpari into Ninjatrader. The files are in .csv format from their JForex platform. I found a webpage that had described the method and of course, now I cannot find the bloody thing again (thought I bookmarked, guess I didn't).

Please forgive my ignorance here, I know not a damn thing about coding, converting, etc. and I must not be able to word my search requests just right, because I cannot find the answer I'm looking for.

The closest thing I have found, was repeatedly being directed to this help section which makes absolutely no sense to me:

Can someone please point me in the right direction, in easy to understand laymen terms.

See:

What time frame are you trying to import?
    I'm just now installing ver 7 and working on moving some of my data, so I will be seeing if the new formats are the same as the old ver 6.
    Send me your csv file and I will test with it and get the format correct.
    There is a new option for time stamp is end-of-bar or beginning, so I will need to know that.
    kenz987 (at) yahoo (dot) com
    ps: OK I see it's tick data - missed that at first.

Comment

Hi TravB,

Thank you for your post.

The data in the .csv file need to be converted into a .txt file to be imported successfully, but if each of the columns of the .csv file match the necessary columns to import into NinjaTrader but the file can then be converted to a .txt file to be imported.

So long as the data matches format needed for importing and is a .txt file you can import into NinjaTrader as a tick format, with a particular time-stamping, and in the same way kenz987 offered to test the data if you post a sample we can determine what needs to be done to import into NinjaTrader.
      Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Ryan,

I've got a picture of the Excel file that shows how it's laid out. Ken has offered to help me out with this and we're in the process of getting it sorted out.

However, to answer your post, I've got a picture showing the info as listed on the Excel sheet. Of course being I know very little about Excel as well.....lol, I wouldn't have a clue on how to convert any of this info into text.
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi TravB,

You'll change the format of the folder via the File > Save As menu.
          Here, you'll be able to select a new file type (.csv in this case) while saving.
          KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by XXtrader, Yesterday, 11:30 PM
          2 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post XXtrader  
          Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes