Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Unable to cancel out live orders..."

Hello,
    I tried opening up my Ninja and starting a strategy that I have been using for a while and the following happens:

When I go to Strategies tab and click on the Enabled check-box, I get the usual disclaimer window warning of trades without confirmation. When I click this, the horizontal 'description grid' under each of the headings that describe the strategy (e.g. Strategy, Instrument, Data Series.....) disappears. After a minute or so, I get the following message:

" Unable to cancel out live orders. Strategy 'StrategyXYZ' was not started." Then the description grid re-appears under the Strategy tab, and the strategy is disabled.

I have no open or live orders.

Can anyone suggest what is happening and how to correct?

Thanks.

I removed the strategy and started over by clicking on the Strategy icon and applying it etc. The problem did not occur and seems to be running. I am now suspicious that there may be something Ninja may be assuming in the background about any open orders that may resurface. Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Comment

Bill, please check your order tab for any open orders and if there are any, cancel them. After that, restart NinjaTrader to clear out any possible errors and any left over orders that might be preventing your strategy from starting. If this issue occurs again, please let us know exactly what caused it.
      AustinNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I suspect the problem occurred when you run same initialized strategy on multiple accounts and switch accounts that belong to different connections (personal TopStep,Apex etc)
        removing the initialized strategy from the list of strategies and starting it again on the current connection seems fixes the problem.
        You can treat it as a bug or feature, but this needs to be addressed.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by r68cervera, Today, 05:29 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post r68cervera  
        Started by geddyisodin, Today, 05:20 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post geddyisodin