Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

YM weekly chart history is now only 6 monthns

(on Ninja 7.0.1000.3)

On Friday a YM weekly chart had data back to 2007. Today it only goes back 6 months (the same chart, no changes) . And a new chart has the same problem you specify you want 10000 days of data, and it only goes back 6 months. I thought the data was safely on my computer, so it could not be deleted. I had the data on Friday. What happened to it?
    Last edited by kinderlich; 02-27-2011, 07:06 PM.

Hi kinderlich,

Thank you for your note.

Can you please go to Tools > Options > Data and then please check what your current Merge Policy is set to, and also can you please go to Tools > Instrument Manager and then find the YM contract and then please highlight and Edit and then see what the instrument specific merge policy is set at.

In addition can you please clarify which provider you are using for historical data.
    Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

setttings

thanks,
      (I haven't changed the defaults)

Tools > Options > Data Merge Policy: MergeBackAdjusted

and

Tools > Instrument Manager , the YM contract merge policy: is 'UseGlobalSettings'

It was working Friday before saving the workspace and shutting down.

the NQ contract does work. It loads a weekly chart back to 2007.

The only thing I did was add some global drawings between when it worked and when it didn't work.

I did try reloading all the data from the historical data manager , downloading the daily data back to 2005, but it didn't help. The charts still show data back only to 4/2009 where before the data went back to 2007.
      I also tried making a new workspace with a single YM weekly chart , it didn't help either.

Thanks for your advice.

Comment

Hello,

So that I may answer your questions fully.

Who is your data feed provider?

Did you switch this?

Also did you importdata over from 6.5?

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

zenfire data provider. (I did not switch this, I did try Kinetick eod for stocks at one pt but have not connected to Kinetick for weeks). I think when I switched to Ninja 7 series I started clean, I don't think I imported data from 6.5.

thanks

Comment

Hello,

Ok this is why then.

You were seeing historical data loaded in from kinetick. Please reconnect to Kinetick to get this data back. You can connect to Kinetick first and then Zenfire second to get the daily data from Kinetick if you would like.

Heres what happened. You triggered a reload of historical data. When you reload historical data it will override what you have locally with what the server has. In you case you reloaded data for a long term chart and since Zenfire doesnt have that much data back it got overidden with blank. As long as you dont reload a chart by right clicking on it and selecting reload histroical data you will not see the local database change as long as NinjaTrader does not detect with the following rules that it needs to reload data from the historical data server. Theres rules are found here for automatic reload of data. otherwise it must be done manually.

Comment

Thank you Brett!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by bmartz, Today, 09:30 AM
              2 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post bltdavid  
              Started by f.saeidi, Today, 11:02 AM
              1 response