Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Trading Live with MB Trading disconnects?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jon, with the MarketPosition you access the strategy position - not the actual position of your account at MBT - this is on our suggestion list to look into for the future and tracked by id # 776 in our system.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
      Jon, with the MarketPosition you access the strategy position - not the actual position of your account at MBT - this is on our suggestion list to look into for the future and tracked by id # 776 in our system.
      Bertrand,

That is good to know ... so .. until resolved will the strategy input dialogue

Order Handling / Sync Account Position = true

be sufficient, or does that only check the once when starting the strategy, not each time trying to submit an order?

Jon

Comment

Hi Jon,

That setting attempts to bring your account position in line with the strategy position, and not the other way around. It only checks once at the start of the strategy run. The behavior it will have on your account varies based on the strategy position at the time you start the strategy, as well as "On Starting a real-time strategy" under tools > options> Strategies > NinjaScript tab. Detailed here:
        http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h..._positions.htm
        Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I have created a second login with MB Trading that has a demo account associated with it. I want to log in to the demo account via NinjaTrader paper trade my strategy using the demo account as opposed to using the SIM account. My goal will be to have a strategy that paper trades the same way it will trade live so I can work out the uses with MB Trading events / Positions etc… before I transfer the strategy to my live trading system.

Should this work? What issues do you see/know of with this approach?
          Thanks,
          Erik

Comment

Erik,

This would only work if you are using a live license of NT since NT has no way to differentiate if the account you have selected is an MBT demo account vs. live account.

If you do have an NT license then you should be able to do this no problem. One thing to be aware of is that at the end of the day it is still paper trading and simulation though so real trading can still differ despite this testing setup.
            Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I have been paper trading my strategy against the MB Trading Demo account and it does not work like paper trading it against the SIM101 account using IQFeed as a data feed. I have already turnd off the strategy that was running live as well do to issues.

What brokers can I use instead of MB Trading that do not have disclaimers that your software does not work with them?

I am trading ETFs and Stocks with a 50K account. I have some longer term strategies and some day trading strategies.

Given these requirements which brokers have you gotten the bests results with?

Thanks,
              Erik

Comment

Hi Erik, while I could unfortunately not really recommend you a broker you could look into the Interactive Brokers or TDA connections we offer as well.

Comment

I do not want recomendations I want a list of brokers that I can use to trade efts and stocks that you do not have know issues with like MB Trading. Besides TD Ameritrade and Interactive Brokers do you have any other brokers that do not have known issues like MB Trading? I did not know about the know issues with MB Trading until I had already opened the account. Is there a reference somewhere with each broker and the known issues with that broker?

Thanks,
                  Erik

Comment

Hi Erik, you would see a disclaimer for each connection you're setting up - the providers I mentioned would not have any known tracking issues like we discussed before.

Comment

OK thanks I will check them out any others to add to the list for me th check out?

Thanks,
                      Erik

Comment

Hello,

No, only IB, MBTrading, TD Ameritrade support equities trading at this time.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

I have the TD Ameritrade account open. How do I switch the software over?

Comment

Hi ErikHR,

Please send a note to Sales [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com with your license key and we can make the license change which will allow you to connect. You will find the license key listed in the Help > License Key menu.
                            KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by usazencort, Today, 01:16 AM
                            0 responses
                            1 view
                            0 likes
                            Last Post usazencort  
                            Started by kaywai, 09-01-2023, 08:44 PM
                            5 responses