Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MBTrading Connection very unstable?

Hi

I am finding NinjaTrader to be very unstable when connected to MB Trading connection and was wondering if others where also experiencing this.

For example today I had placed an Order using an ATM Strategy from a chart with Stop and target. I came back to my PC to find a dialog saying that my MB account was unavailable for trading, I get these several times a day, I clicked OK NinjaTrader Hung, I had to kill the process, when I restarted my order had been filled but the ATM Strategy had not placed the stop or target order. I cant trade this way its to dangerous.

Are others having similar problems with MB Trading, What I would like to get a handle on is this just a problem with the MB Trading connection or is this sort of stuff happening with other brokers. I don't get these problems when just connected to Kinetick or eSignal feed and testing on the Sim101 account.

I really like NinjaTrader and it has such huge potential, the support is fantastic, however with the stability problems I am having I cant continue using it.

Thanks

Mike

Hello Mike,

Do you perhaps experience disconnections during the scenario you describe? Could you please send me your log and trace files for the day the issue occurred. Please include an estimated time as well. You can find log and trace files at the following locations.

Start Menu--> My Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> Log--> log.20110228 for today. (log.yyyymmdd for any other date)

Start Menu--> My Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> Trace--> trace.20110228 for today. (trace.yyyymmdd for any other date)

Please send them to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com. Put 'Attn Jason' in the subject header and reference this thread.

I am not aware if other customers that use MBTrading experience the same issue.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Mike,

I see that 'unavailable for trading' when MBT does daily maintenance on the server and customer accounts at about 5pm eastern. During the day I have intermittent disconnections from either price server or order server: mostly reconnect is sufficient, but I am testing automated strategies, not using the ATM.

Jon

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
      5 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Zachary  
      Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
      4 responses
      0 likes