Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

General Question

Hi.

When I am in a position and wish to exit using 'sell bid', do I have to select 'none' under ATM strategies?

The reason I ask is because I was in a long CL position at 97.63. I exited at 98.15 by hitting 'sell bid'; however, under the 'executions' tab, under the 'name' column it is listed as 'entry', though under the 'E/X' tab it is listed as 'exit'.

The price immediately jumped up, hit my stop and entered me into another long position, which is listed as 'entry' under the 'E/X' column. I hit 'sell bid' again, but this time it exited me properly.

Help please.

Hello,

You need to have either <None> selected or the *ACTIVE ATM strategy selected.

Reason is if the Regular ATM Strategy template name is selected NinjaTrader will think your trying to add a new position with its own ATM Strategy instead of closing out of the current position/ATM Strategy.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

Thanks Brett.

Why does NT close out an existing position when the quick buttons are hit at other times when 'none' in ATM strats is not selected?

Comment

Hello,

It would not. It would only close out a position if one is active and the ATM Strategy is set to <none> or the Current *ACTIVE ATM Strategy Template name.

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Brett View Post
          Hello,

It would not. It would only close out a position if one is active and the ATM Strategy is set to <none> or the Current *ACTIVE ATM Strategy Template name.

I am a little confused.

To put on a position, I select my ATM strat and hit a quick button to enter. When I wish to exit, I hit one of the quick buttons while the ATM strat remains unaltered. Usually I enter and exit seamlessly. Only the instance prompting me to write today did NT exit my position and also enter me into another on the same order.

Comment

Hello,

Correct. This is how it is intended to work.

The only time you would open a new position is if you changed the ATM selected awway from the *ACTIVE ATM Name. The *ACTIVE part is key here. This may have been inadvertantly changed?

As if you change it off of *Active ATM to ATM Template name then you will have issue with a new ATM strategy being generated.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

Brett, after changing away from *ACTIVE, how can I revert back to it? I selected away from my *ACTIVE, but then re-selected my ATM strat, entered a trade, and when I sold at offer it re-entered me.

Also, why does NT ask me to confirm my exits using the quick buttons sometimes but not other times?

Please help.

Comment

Hello,

Sounds like you may need a quick webinar to finish getting the concepts of how to use NinjaTraders ATM functions so you fully understand it.

Please send a note into support at ninjatrader dot com and put ATTN: James in the title and refernece this forum post.

Please ask to be givin the time for the next private webinar so that we can get you into this private webinar and explain what is going on here so you understand.

Sometimes seeing this stuff visually will better click then a written explination.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
                16 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post Leafcutter  
                Started by WHICKED, Today, 12:45 PM
                2 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post WHICKED