order markers not in right spots on reload

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

order markers not in right spots on reload

After closing down NT and then re-opening -- and loading the same chart (5000 V - ES) --- The trade markers showing entry and exits are not shown in the correct spots. See attached pic. When comparing to a live print out I made during the day I see the chart when re-loaded shows the trades happening a few bars late - but not always the same amount late.

It's as if it's using the wrong volume amount when pasting the markers on the chart...
    Attached Files

If you could provide some more information regarding the trades and their proper locations we could probably provide more assistance.

Also, if you reran your strategy to acquire "new" trade markers they will for sure be different than your real-time trade markers. This is the case because in real-time your trades are generally executed by a tick-by-tick basis while a rerun is done at the end of each bar.
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I'd guess this might have to do with the chart starting at a new time after NinjaTrader is restarted.

If it's a new date when NT is being restarted, and you're only going back 5 days (the default in the "Format Data Series" screen), then bars will start being built from a day later.

The first bar of the new chart will start at midnight (assuming that is the "Session begins" value in the Chart Properties). But for the old chart that was displayed prior to restarting NinjaTrader, that particular midnight may have been in the middle of one of the 5000-Volume bars.

Thus there would be a slight discrepancy because of the new start date for the chart, since at that point a whole bar will be started right at midnight, whereas subsequent midnights will very likely occur in the middle of a bar.

This would account for the new chart being one volume bar off. I read something about a change in NinjaTrader V6.5 that will cause a bar to not be allow to span across midnight, so at least one bar of this problem should soon be gone. I don't have any ideas why your display would be off by more than just a single bar.

Comment

Executions have a time stamped associated to it and are plotted on a bar that holds that time stamp.

With non-time based intervals, you can have many bars with the same time stamp. Thus, in real-time, the order could have been plotted on the 5 bar of the same time stamp. However, after reload, NT put this on the first bar of the same time stamp since it has no way to know that it was on the 5th bar.
        RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the replies.... sounds like the time stamping and always placing on the first volume bar of that time stamp could be the issue I'm seeing here.

That's a bummer though as it makes it near impossible to go back and review a trading day if you're not using time based charts.

I wonder if the time stamp in the future could include a volume & tick count stamps as well .... ??

Comment

I went and looked at my attachment posted above again...

Look at the second trade... The Entry shows on the fourth volume bar past where it should be - The sell entry got filled at 10:14:26AM ....

So.. the marker looks time-wise to be in the right spot... but the volume bar is not formed at the correct time spot....

Comment

See here - http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...ChartBars.html
              RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Josh, could you tell me how to turn off these markers in NT7 so they don't crowd my chart.

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Josh View Post
                If you could provide some more information regarding the trades and their proper locations we could probably provide more assistance.

Also, if you reran your strategy to acquire "new" trade markers they will for sure be different than your real-time trade markers. This is the case because in real-time your trades are generally executed by a tick-by-tick basis while a rerun is done at the end of each bar.

Comment

Please set 'Plot executions' to 'DoNotPlot' in the Data Series menu of the chart to disable the display of executions.
                  JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Jason,

Can you tell me how to turn off the indicator description in the panels. The words are getting in the way of my indicators..

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
                    Please set 'Plot executions' to 'DoNotPlot' in the Data Series menu of the chart to disable the display of executions.

Comment

Hi syxforex,

Please right click in your chart and select Indicators.
                      In the indicators menu, select an indicator from the list on the lower left side of the window.
                      Next, on the right side of the window, delete the contents of the box marked 'Label', then click OK.
                      KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by Barry Milan, Yesterday, 10:35 PM
                      5 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                      Started by DanielSanMartin, Yesterday, 02:37 PM
                      2 responses
                      0 likes