PFG with external data service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PFG with external data service

I have problems with PFG like data service (delay with Eurex, etc). I don't want to change my broker PFG so I'm thinking about to configurate the connection with Ninjatrader and PFG selecting "Use external servers". But which are these external services? How can I use a data service more reliable than PFG?

Thanks in advance.

Hello soyjesus,

Unfortunately I am not sure what 'external servers' you refer. Could you please clarify when and where you see 'external servers' reflected in NinjaTrader.

When creating a PFG connection in NinjaTrader you will have the option you select a source of historical data. However it does not contain 'external servers'. You can choose between 'Use PFG servers' or 'Disabled, I will use another connection for historical data'.

You could connect to a additional data feed in NinjaTrader that would provide data. You would connect to it first and PFG second. Please see the link below for more information regarding multiple connections.

As per NinjaTrader 7, our preferred market data service is Kinetick. Real time service starts as low as $50 per month. If you trade CME Globex products, you can have these exchange fees waived if you have a qualified brokerage account. This service is only available for NinjaTrader 7. Please visit www.kinetick.com for more detailed information.

You'll also enjoy all these benefits with the purchase of any symbol package:From a technical perspective, NinjaTrader writes directly to the underlying server technology vs going through an API layer. This results in an optimized interface between NinjaTrader and Kinetick when compared to NinjaTrader and some other data providers.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by soyjesus View Post
      I have problems with PFG like data service (delay with Eurex, etc). I don't want to change my broker PFG so I'm thinking about to configurate the connection with Ninjatrader and PFG selecting "Use external servers". But which are these external services? How can I use a data service more reliable than PFG?

Thanks in advance.
      Yeah. I just signed up with Ninja and I have PFG Best for a broker. Sometimes the data lags a second. Is this a problem with compatibility or PFG?

Comment

Hello oz bu,

Can you please continue to use the other forum thread and try to avoid posting the same item in multiple threads. Thank you.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by hazylizard, Today, 08:38 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post hazylizard  
        Started by Max238, Today, 01:28 AM
        5 responses
        0 likes