Horizontal Rays?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Horizontal Rays?

I'm new to Ninja Trader and have therefore just gone through old threads (with no luck) in search of an answer to my question: How do I plot/insert horizontal rays (which lock to a price on the far right of the chart) onto a chart? From what I gather, it's not possible with the standard NT7 draw tools but is there any simple workaround? Thank you.

Hi ephilip,

Thank you for your post, and welcome to the forum.

The horizontal ray drawing objects can be placed on the charts, and if you edit the object you can view the price axis component of the object, but it will not be tied to the objects along on the y-axis.

If you would like you can add an indicator by right-clicking on the chart and then selecting Constant Lines and then if you define the level of the horizontal line you would see a price marker for the horizontal constant line indicator. For more information please see the following link:
    Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

“The horizontal ray drawing objects can be placed on the charts and if you edit the object you can view the price axis component of the object, but it will not be tied to the objects along on the y-axis.”

Thank you for the prompt response but I’m still confused: So there is a horizontal ray option among the drawing tools? I only see horizontal lines. I must admit I do not know what an object is, which may contribute to my misunderstanding.

“If you would like you can add an indicator by right-clicking on the chart and then selecting Constant Lines and then if you define the level of the horizontal line you would see a price marker for the horizontal constant line indicator. For more information please see the following link:”

I’ve looked at the Constant Lines indicator before but I can’t see where I can turn a horizontal line into a horizontal ray. Under Indicators/ConstantLines/Plot/PlotStyle, for instance, I do not see an option for rays. Is there somewhere under Parameters, Data, Visual or Plots, where I can change this horizontal line into a horizontal ray with a price marker? Thanks.

Comment

Hi ephilip,

It is not a horizontal ray, but just a Ray object that can be applied to a chart at any angle. More information at:

The constant lines indicator would not be configurable to a ray, but was suggested as an alternate method for plotting horizontal lines. Since you wanted a horizontal ray you could use a horizontal line pre-defined at a specific level, but the ray functionality would not be part of the line, like the drawing object 'Ray'
        Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by zstheorist, Today, 07:52 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post zstheorist  
        Started by pmachiraju, 11-01-2023, 04:46 AM
        8 responses
        0 likes