Forex DOM tenth pip? Halfpip?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forex DOM tenth pip? Halfpip?

Does ninja support full depth of market for tenth pip ECN brokers?

How about half pip montage?

Is there a list link of such supported brokers?

If not, will ninja ever implement a full broker depth of market montage pass through?

Hi,

Thank you for your note.

Within NinjaTrader if you go to Tools > Options > Data there is setting for Quoting FX prices, in Pip, HalfPip or TenthPip.

As for which providers support which type of quoted forex data you can refer to the following link.
    Click here to view more information on Historical Data

Of the providers that support forex data the correct settings for quoting of prices are detailed in the connection guides:
    Get the support you want and need 24/5 and join a community of active futures traders for trader-to-trader support. Learn more!
    Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I get the configuration / connection npart....But during a Ninja User presentation they displayed a split DOM, Bids on left Offers on right ,the feed was "forex PRO", canned data.

So I wondered if this specialty DOM configuration is pesently live and fully operational and whether it will work with Interactive Broker's or MBTrading's ECN.

Comment

Hi,

The Level II data for Forex data would be dependent on the broker, and if they support that type of forex data. With MB Trading and IB you will want to confirm if they support market depth/ Level II data for forex which is what was displayed in the SuperDOM on the bid and ask sides of the market separate from the real-time last price data.

Comment

I really wanna to see the whole enchilada.... all the ECN sizes and levels, I'll pass on their respective times

Comment

hmmm. They give it to me on their platform...but I need to check with them to see if they provide it to you? Not familiar with who's responsible here

Comment

jeff p,

If the data is available from those providers for Level II then you can go to File > New > Level II window and then view that data, but that Level II data is not available for forex from all providers so you will want to confirm with the provider if the Level II will work with those providers for forex data.

Or the FX Pro would display Level II data if available from the provider.

Comment

How about the side by side DOM module have you used that?...is that from a stocks montage adapted to forex...I mean they showed bells and whistles in the NINJA webinar...just want to see how loud they ring and pipe.

Comment

Jeff,

The Dynamic SuperDOM can be used with forex instruments as well to display Level II data if the data is available:

Comment

I have the L2 data in the L2 Dom but not in the dynamic super dom ..just best bid an best offer.

This is on a ninja demo.

In the webinar there were also order entry buttons on a panel below the price montage, is this restricted to live licenses?

Likewise I can demo trade on the super dom but don't appear to be able to on the L2 module.

Comment

Jeff,

The availibility of trading buttons would be limited to order entry windows, of which the L2 window is not, however, the window you are likely referring to, that would combine Level II forex data and order entry is the FX Pro window available from the File > New menu.

For more information on using that window for forex order entry please see the following link:

Comment

Thanks for all the help Ryan, the FX pro module is what I was looking for.the moderator in the webinar refered to it as the fx pro data feed, and not an actual order entry module

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by bill2023, Yesterday, 08:51 AM
                        8 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post bill2023  
                        Started by yertle, Today, 08:38 AM
                        6 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post ryjoga