Renko bar bug report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Renko bar bug report

I found renko bar bug in NinjaTrader 7.0. Please see the attachment. There is a gap between 2011-2-24 and 2011-2-27. I tested 5-minute bar, and found there was data on 2011-2-25. So the data is missing on Renko bar. And i tested renko bar with NinjaTrader 6.5, there is no gap for "ES 03-11". Could you fix this bug in NinjaTrader7.0 ASAP? Thanks.

Another problem with NinjaTrader 7.0 is that sometimes the connection shows "connected", but the connection color turns from "green" to "yellow", and it didn't show any price changing. I have to disconnect the connection, and connect again manually to see price moving.
    Attached Files

Hello 51friend,

Can you please tell me what exact version you have installed. You can check this at Control Center-->Help-->About. Let me know to what data feed you connect in NinjaTrader as well.

Does it make a difference if you change the session template in the Data Series menu of the chart to 'Default 24/7'? You can access the Data Series menu by right clicking the chart.

When I test a 4 Renko chart for the ES 03-11 on my end, I load data for 2/25/2011 (see screenshot).

Please right click in the chart and select 'Reload All Historical Data' and check if this will load data for 2/25/2011.

The yellow connection status indicates you lost connection with either the price or order server. From your description you lost connection to the price server.

Please note that NinjaTrader does not dictate when a connection is lost. It operates like a radio receiver in that it receives a signal from your broker and then displays/reports these signals back to you the trader. When a connection is lost, it is the broker's API that determines this and reports this to NinjaTrader which in turn reports this back to the trader.

The common problems that contribute to this are:

- ISP issues
    - hardware firewall issues changing IP addresses frequently
    - Dynamic ISP address switching the address frequently intraday. Usually this happens once a week but you may want to check with your ISP. If they do change daily, a static IP address may work.
    - With Windows XP SP2, if you have more than 10 open TCPIP socket connections open (10 programs making connections through the internet) windows will randomly shut down some connections
    - Broker servers having problems
    - Software, such as (corporate) firewalls, spyware and anti-virus software, that could be interfering the connection

When you experience a disconnection, NinjaTrader will try to get re-connected automatically for about 2 minutes. If no re-connection could be established, it will stop trying and you will need to manually re-connect.
    Attached Files
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Connection problem is still unsolved

The NinjaTrader 7's version is 7.0.1000.2 which is using Zenfire as data feed.
      I already change session template to 'Default 24/7'. After selecting 'Reload All Historical Data', it did load data for 2/25/2011. Thanks.

But the connection problem is still unsolved. After running NinjaTrader 7 for several hours. The the color of "Conected - Zen-fire" in the bottom left corner of control center window turned from green to yellow, and stop updating price.

At the same time, i opened MetaTrader 4. When NinjaTrader 7 connection doesn't work, MetaTrader 4 is still in good working condition. So it's not my computer problem. I think there is a connection bug in NinjaTrader 7. I will test NinjaTrader 6.5 to see if there is connection problem.

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
      Hello 51friend,

Can you please tell me what exact version you have installed. You can check this at Control Center-->Help-->About. Let me know to what data feed you connect in NinjaTrader as well.

Does it make a difference if you change the session template in the Data Series menu of the chart to 'Default 24/7'? You can access the Data Series menu by right clicking the chart.

When I test a 4 Renko chart for the ES 03-11 on my end, I load data for 2/25/2011 (see screenshot).

Please right click in the chart and select 'Reload All Historical Data' and check if this will load data for 2/25/2011.

The yellow connection status indicates you lost connection with either the price or order server. From your description you lost connection to the price server.

Please note that NinjaTrader does not dictate when a connection is lost. It operates like a radio receiver in that it receives a signal from your broker and then displays/reports these signals back to you the trader. When a connection is lost, it is the broker's API that determines this and reports this to NinjaTrader which in turn reports this back to the trader.

The common problems that contribute to this are:

- ISP issues
      - hardware firewall issues changing IP addresses frequently
      - Dynamic ISP address switching the address frequently intraday. Usually this happens once a week but you may want to check with your ISP. If they do change daily, a static IP address may work.
      - With Windows XP SP2, if you have more than 10 open TCPIP socket connections open (10 programs making connections through the internet) windows will randomly shut down some connections
      - Broker servers having problems
      - Software, such as (corporate) firewalls, spyware and anti-virus software, that could be interfering the connection

When you experience a disconnection, NinjaTrader will try to get re-connected automatically for about 2 minutes. If no re-connection could be established, it will stop trying and you will need to manually re-connect.

Comment

Good to hear you now receive data for 2/25/2011 in your Renko chart.

Please note that NinjaTrader does not dictate when a connection is lost. It operates like a radio receiver in that it receives a signal from your broker and then displays/reports these signals back to you the trader.

Do you perhaps have anti-virus or firewall software running that interferes with the Zen-Fire connection?

MetaTrader 4 connects in a different way than Zen-Fire, so I do not see it related.

If the issue remains, I suggest to contact your Zen-Fire based broker to check what IP address and port your Zen-Fire connection will use. Subsequently check if the IP address and port is interfered/blocked on your PC (anti-virus, firewall) or internet connection setup (modem, router).

Comment

NinjaTrader connection problem

I have tested NinjaTrade6.5, it also has connection problem.

My internet environment is not very stable because the router stop working several times a day. My computer will lose internet connection for 1 to 3 minutes and regain internet connection. It happens about two times a day. In that condition, MetaTrader4 can regain connection automatically, but NinjaTrader's connection icon color changes from "Green" to "Yellow", and stop receiving data.

Could your NinjaTrader's connection work exactly as MetaTrader4? Because MetaTrader4 can regain connection whenever my computer regain internet connection. This functionality is essential for auto-trading. But your NinjaTrader's connection is still broken even if my computer regain internet connection, I have to MANUALLY disconnect connection and connect again.

Best Regards,
          Gordon

Good to hear you now receive data for 2/25/2011 in your Renko chart.

Please note that NinjaTrader does not dictate when a connection is lost. It operates like a radio receiver in that it receives a signal from your broker and then displays/reports these signals back to you the trader.

Do you perhaps have anti-virus or firewall software running that interferes with the Zen-Fire connection?

MetaTrader 4 connects in a different way than Zen-Fire, so I do not see it related.

If the issue remains, I suggest to contact your Zen-Fire based broker to check what IP address and port your Zen-Fire connection will use. Subsequently check if the IP address and port is interfered/blocked on your PC (anti-virus, firewall) or internet connection setup (modem, router).
          Last edited by 51friend; 03-10-2011, 10:04 AM.

Comment

Hello Gordon,

Can you please send me your log and trace files for the date you experienced such a disconnection last. You can find log and trace files at the following locations.

Start Menu--> My Documents--> NinjaTrader 6.5--> Log--> log.20110310 for today. (log.yyyymmdd for any other date)

Start Menu--> My Documents--> NinjaTrader 6.5--> Trace--> trace.20110310 for today. (trace.yyyymmdd for any other date)

Please send them to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com. Put 'Attn Jason' in the subject header and reference this forum thread.

In addition, am I correct you still experience the same behavior in NinjaTrader 7 as well?

Comment

NinjaTrader 7 connection problem

Yes, I still experience the same behavior in NinjaTrader 7. Recently the NinjaTrader 7 always ended with the connection icon color changed from "Green" to "Yellow", and stop receiving data even if my computer regain internet connection.

I have sent the logs from both NinjaTrader(NinjaTrader 6.5 and NinjaTrader 7) to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com. Wish you could fix the problem soon. Thanks.

Hello Gordon,

Can you please send me your log and trace files for the date you experienced such a disconnection last. You can find log and trace files at the following locations.

Start Menu--> My Documents--> NinjaTrader 6.5--> Log--> log.20110310 for today. (log.yyyymmdd for any other date)

Start Menu--> My Documents--> NinjaTrader 6.5--> Trace--> trace.20110310 for today. (trace.yyyymmdd for any other date)

Please send them to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com. Put 'Attn Jason' in the subject header and reference this forum thread.

In addition, am I correct you still experience the same behavior in NinjaTrader 7 as well?

Comment

Could you please send your log and trace files once more. Unfortunately I could not find them.

Please put 'Attn Jason' in the subject header of the email and reference this forum thread.

Comment

Please disregard - I just found them.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by Jon17, Today, 04:33 PM
                  0 responses
                  1 view
                  0 likes